Chapter 1

Chapter One

Emme

"Come on, Emme! It's the first party of the year!" Savannah whined in my ear as we sat on my bed. "You have to go!"

I grumbled something that hopefully no one else heard, and rolled onto my stomach, burying my head in my sheets and throwing my pillow over my head. All week I have been hearing about this stupid party Luca and Bryan Reynolds were throwing. They basically lived in a mansion, compared to all the other houses here in this town, sitting on top of a large hill, over looking everything. Since their parents would be gone for the weekend, a rave was destined to happen. One, I didn't want to be a part of.

I'm usually the type to go, and trust me, I'd always have a good time, whether it would be dancing crazily with my friends, or just flirting with some guys. Tonight, however, I had no intentions of leaving this spot right now.

"Babe, you can't hide in your room forever just because you and Jeff broke up, it's pathetic." Claire said in her most compassionate way possible. She was a true bitch, always has been and always will be. It was her fault I'm here wallowing away in my own misery. She just had to go hook up with my boyfriend, like it meant nothing. He just dumped me afterwards, like a piece of trash, hoping to get Claire in his sights, but by then, she already moved on to a new victim.

I didn't want to say anything to her though. I guess you could call me a chicken for dare I say, sparing our friendship. This to me was more like a monarchy; she was the over ruling, powerful queen, and I was just the tiny little servant. Whatever she says, goes, and she gets whatever she wants when she wants it, Trust me when I tell you it gets annoying.

I've been best friends with Savannah my whole life. We've done almost everything together, like sisters. Every single memory I have has her in it, and I'm happy. Without her, I'd be a lonely and cut up mess, with no one to turn to, with no shoulder to cry on.

I feel like this all changed, however, as if we aren't as close. In the first year of Junior High, we were separated for the first time. both of us were in different classes, alone and helpless without our other half, but suddenly, she met Claire, the beautiful, funny, and popular girl. Right then and there, she became her little minion. Like always...I followed in Savannah's footsteps, joining the little group. 

"I'm not going, either way." I muttered, curling up into a tiny ball. I felt the weight on the bed next to me shifted, as if someone had sat down. Lifting up my head slowly, I saw it was Claire, paying with her long, manicured fingernails.

"You're going." She commanded, grabbing my arms and yanking me up off the bed. I groaned, plopping back down and hiding underneath the blankets. I felt warm and secure, as if nothing in the world could ever hurt me again.

That all had to end of course, as the sheets were ripped off and sprawled on the floor, leaving me out in the open. I hissed as the bright lights stung my eyes, making my vision blurry. Didn't the two of them understand that I didn't want to be bothered? 

A strong force suddenly grabbed my arms and pulled me out of bed, placing my bare feet on the wooden floor. I opened my eyes wider, noticing Claire and Savannah clutching onto each of my arms. I now stood in front of my full-length mirror, examining myself.

My hair was a messy bun, sitting bluntly on the top of my head. Wisps and strands were sticking out everywhere, some falling into my face. My cheeks were a bright pink, along with my lips, something that always happens to me when I try not to cry. The makeup I had been wearing earlier was now all rubbed away, the only remnants smudged underneath my lower lash line. I had dark rings, showing I needed plenty of sleep.