Chapter 5

Any ideas on a good Michael? I don't think Ryan Sheckler is a good fit anymore. He has brown hair, grey/navy blue eyes, and a cuttteeee face <3 Comment if you do!

Chapter 5

Emme

Walk with me? What was this, one of the 'Godfather' movies, or like a boss talking to his new intern? What I really wanted to do was laugh at his pathetic attempt to get me alone with him, away from everyone else. Instead however, I felt my feet move forward, eyes look up at him and smile in their own way. 

Michael walked next to me, stuffing his hands deep into his jacket pockets. It was his varsity basketball jacket from last year, complete with the school colors of california blue, white, and yellow. On the back it read: "STATON 13". 

Staton. Michael Staton. That name seemed to suit him perfectly; the shaggy brown hair that swept into his dark, grey blue eyes. His little dimple that had on his cheek and chin. His perfect nose. His broad shoulders, muscular arms and legs, and height.

We stayed quiet as we walked down the paved streets of the small town. Dozens of little shops lined the sidewalk, with awnings and signs hanging above. Some had small outdoor tables in which you could sit at. Others had moveable carts and boxes of produce. Black lamp posts lined the sidewalks, unlit.

The sky was a light grey, hiding the warm rays of the sun. A strong breeze suddenly gushed passed us, making the hairs on my arms stick up and insides turn cold. I was stupid enough to not wear a jacket today, even if it was only the second week of September. All I wore was a blue and white striped flowing crop top, short denim jeans with a belt, and black strap sandals. It was warm when I stepped out this morning, and sunny too. I guess that all changed in a matter or hours.

"Here," Michael said, shrugging out of his jacket and stretching it out towards me. I hadn't even noticed I had been hugging myself for warmth, shivering slightly.

"I'm fine," I lied, dropping my arms and exposing them to the wind that was now picking up. The tree leaves swayed back and forth, making a swoosh sound over and over again. Just like that, little raindrops began to fall out of the sky, dripping onto my face, arms, and legs.

Goosebumps rose up all over me, and I fought the urge to rub my hands on my arms. Looking back over at Michael, he smirked, opening up the jacket. 

I stopped walking and spread my arms out, sliding each one carefully into a sleeve as Michael held it out for me.

I sighed, smiling to myself as I felt the warm fleece engulf my body. Arms came from my back to my front. When I looked down, Michael's big and strong hands were carefully bringing both sides of the jacket together, trying to keep in the heat. His hot breath tickled underneath my ear as he let out a breath. I felt him smile, and he moved his hands up to my shoulders, leaving them there for a second and then taking them off.

I continued to stand still. lowering my face into the jacket and taking in a big whiff. It was a mix of scents; soap, a woodsy yet citrusy cologne, and an earthy smell. The ends of my lips curved up as I closed my eyes, pulling myself tighter into the jacket.

Michael chuckled deeply from behind, making me open my eyes slightly and peer up, nose and lips still buried in the neck.

"You seem to like my jacket." He joked, jerking his head slightly towards me. I smiled, slowly lifting my head up.

"Yeah," I gushed. "It's so cozy."

"Good," He grinned, starting to walk again. He took long strides, swaying his body the slightest...and his, uhm, bu- behind, was adorable in the loose-fitting jeans he was wearing.