Chapter 16

Chapter 16

Emme

"That's so cute!" Savannah squealed as I told her about earlier this afternoon. I smiled, looking over at the M&M bag I had been causually munching on.

"Yeah..." I sighed to myself. I couldn't stop smiling ever since I had become Michael's official girlfriend, even my cheeks were starting to sting. This had to be one of the best feelings in the world.

I heard the front door open and close from downstairs. "I'm home!" My mom called as she walked around.

Savannah's head snapped up from her cellphone as she looked me straight in the eyes. I suddenly knew what she was going to do.

"Savannah..." I warned, "Don't you dare."

She only smiled, jumping up from my bed and running out of my bedroom door. "Mrs. Carter!" She squealed, running towards my staircase. "Mrs. Carter guess what?!"

"Sav!" I screeched as I chased after her. She had already made it to the staircase and was bounding down it as fast as she possibly could. I followed right behind her, skipping every other step and jumping off towards the bottom of the staircase to gain some speed.

We both reached my mom, who was standing in the small kitchen putting away some groceries, at the same time.

Mom made this shocked face, putting up both of her arms as if she was caught doing something illegal by the police. "Woah, woah, woah,"

"Mrs. Carter, Emme needs to tell you something really important!"

I glared over at Savannah, crossing my arms.

My mom looked over at me raising an eyebrow. "Really?"

We looked almost exactly alike. I was just an inch taller than her, with longer and slightly lighter hair, and green eyes, not brown.

A lot of times people would mistake us for sisters. You see, my mom was still pretty young, only 40, since she had me right after college. This meant that my mom was...well, more understanding and less mom-ish. She was more like a best friend then a parent, but for some reason, I still had yet to tell her about Michael.

"Well..." I started, glancing over at Savannah for a second. "I'm dating someone."

"What?!" My mom shrieked. She grabbed my hands and started jumping up and down. "Oh Em, who? Is it Jeff again? Or another guy? I bet it's another guy! Is he cute?"

I couldn't help but to break into a smile. "Relax Mom, you're acting like a teenager again."

"Hey, I'm not that old, I'm practically your age."

Savannah and I both started to laugh at her comment. She smiled, and crossed her arms. "Now tell me everything about him...or her."

"MOM!"

"Just making sure."

"Well," I sighed, crossing my arms and leaning up against the fridge behind me, "His name is Michael-"

"He's the star basketball player, and probably the cutest and sweetest guy at West Minister!" Savannah interrupted me, squealing at my mom. My mom joined in as she grabbed Savannah's hands and jumped up and down with her.

I sighed, rolling my eyes before I was pulled on tightly by my mother. I let out a big huff of air as she slammed me into her sharp side.

"Honey!" She cheered, "This is amazing! I need to meet him- I bet he looks so cute. Does he have a Facebook by a chance?"

"MOM! Don't stalk my boyfriend online, it's not normal."

"You should know by now that I am not a normal person."