Te Tekau ma Rua

The next morning, Xael felt more refreshed than ever before after a night's sleep. She stretched her arms and groaned with a yawn. As consciousness came to her, she realized that she wasn't in the cruise ship bed, but in a cabin of New Zealand.

But then she remembered what happened in the early hours of the morning.

She released a yelp and sprung upright, her heart racing and her breathing sped up in a panic.

However, she was alone. Lavi was nowhere in sight, and it must have been well into the morning seen as the curtains were drawn and sunlight was pouring into the room over the bed.

She dropped her head, feeling humiliated and embarrassed, and knowing that he surely hadn't cared enough to not tell anyone. Kanda and Zion, and maybe Chief Komui must already know about her unfortunate moment of vulnerability.

She dreaded what she would face as she solemnly walked down the stairs to the common area.

The three other Exorcists sat around the coffee table playing cards, and all turned to greet Xael as she arrived. "Good morning!" Zion said warmly. "There's coffee in the kitchen."

"Ah, um, thanks." The shorter girl said, unsure of when the harassment would come.

"Morning!" Lavi sung. "Did you sleep well?"

She wasn't sure what to make of his words. "I guess...?" She trailed.

"Did you make it through the storm?" Zion asked.

"It did wake me up." She answered.

"Yeah, I don't think anyone made it through that." The brunette reasoned. "Anyway, get some coffee and food and join us." She encouraged.

Lavi jumped to his feet and went to the kitchen with the black-haired girl. "I'll help. She's not going to be able to reach those high shelves." He teased.

"Shut up." She huffed, following the boy into the kitchen.

When they were out of sight of the other two, Xael eyed the boy suspiciously. He released a chuckle and said, "I didn't tell them."

"You didn't?" Her brows raised in shock.

"Just how cruel of a person do you think I am?" To emphasize his obvious kindness, he poured her coffee into a mug.

"I thought you'd jump at the chance to eternally humiliate me."

"I would never do such a thing." He scoffed dramatically.

"Wouldn't put it past you." She hummed as she put milk and sugar in her coffee.

He suddenly tightly wrapped his arms around her small waist, and quickly covered her mouth to suppress a yelp. "Just because I'm a flirt, it doesn't mean I'm cruel." He smirked.

When her surprise subsided, he dropped his hand from her mouth as irritation bubbled in her. "Let go of me." She grumbled.

"Don't wanna." He teased.

"Sto-op." She whined.

"You liked it last night."

"Shut up."

"Won't you cuddle with me again? After all, I am oh-so-lonely being the Bookman Junior."

She finally wedged her heel in his toes, causing to wince and let go of her, as she wished.

"Fine, fine. I like the two o'clock in the morning Xael better." He pouted jokingly. "She's more loving."

"She's just too tired to care if someone is too close to her."