Te Tekau ma Rima

That evening, the girls were filled with excitement as they prepared for the festival. They dressed in straw-like, knee-length skirts with horizontal stripe patterns and striped, tribal-like strapless tops with tassels. They wore white capes from off of their shoulders, typical of traditional Maori clothing. They had matching head-bands that tightly bound their foreheads, and could easily pass as Maori women.

The boys were a harder to dress. Relentless complaining led to them getting out of wearing the straw skirts, but the girls still managed to convince Lavi to trade out his bandanna for the tribal headband. Kanda wouldn't budge, though.

Frustrated, Zion folded her arms over her chest. "Let me at least braid your hair."

"Hell, no." The said boy huffed.

"Come on, Lavi's getting into it."

"I'm not Lavi." Kanda grunted.

"You're so boring." The brunette whined.

"You sure about that?" He smirked.

"When it comes to stuff like this, definitely."

"You're not braiding my hair."

"I'll make you look super cool and manly."

"No."

"Come on, Yu." Lavi chimed in the midst of getting his hair braided as well. "Let the girl touch your beautiful, silky hair." He hummed sarcastically. "After all, she'll be doing a lot more now that this mission is over." He winked suggestively.

Bright red hues crossed over the couples' faces before the huffed in unison, "Shut up."

Then Zion returned her focus to Kanda and wore a pleading expression. "Why won't you let me?"

"I don't like it."

"How do you know?"

"'Cause it's my hair."

"But, it's me." She pouted. "Aren't I special?"

She widened her eyes sadly, looking like a begging puppy. The boy clicked his tongue and sighed. "Fine."

"Yay!" She cheered and embraced him. She then sat him down on the floor next to Lavi, while she sat on the couch next to Xael and began to run her fingers through his hair -- which was remarkably silky and soft.

Xael had taken a small portion of thick red hair by Lavi's neck and created a wide braid, similar to the one she wore. She smiled to herself, slightly amused by the fact that they were dressed similarly. Tiny butterflies fluttered in her stomach.

Meanwhile, after Zion was able to run her hands through Kanda's hair a few times, admiring its beauty, she asked, "Do you want one bigger braid or smaller ones?"

"Whatever you want." He grunted, although she was pleased with his answer. She created a French braid -- not too big or too small -- on the side of his head by his bangs, and loosened it to a normal braid once it reached the general flow of his hair.

However, Kanda was trying his best to hide the overwhelming sense of soothing that he felt. Having the girl stroke his hair was perhaps one of the most blissful incidents he had experienced. Her fingers were so gentle, yet rhythmic and with enough pressure to make chills go down his spine. He couldn't help but close his eyes and let her do as she pleased.

He was rather disappointed when she was done. She handed him a mirror and commented, "See, you still look handsome."

"Handsome?" He hummed and raised an eyebrow at the girl.