Author's Note

I began this legend after unexpectedly falling in love with J.R. Tolkien's The Lord Of the Rings and The Hobbit.

I have watched all of the movies and I am thoroughly acquainted with Peter Jackson's style. I have watched numerous videos on the making of the movies as well.

I based my book off of the books. However, I do take some plot twists from the movie and use them as well. (I.e. Tauriel) All of the known Tolkien characters in my book are portrayed by the people in the movies. ( i.e. Thranduil looks like Lee Pace, and Legolas looks like Orlando Bloom.)

All of the picture I use in my stories I found on the Internet by using random searches. I will endeavor to give credit when I know who the art belongs to. If you are familiar with an artist that created one of the images, please contact me personally and I will add that into the credits.

There will be credits, vocabulary translation, and acknowledgments at the end of the book. I will not include an author's note in each chapter. If there is something I need to say, it will be in my message box to all my followers.

Important: I am not an Elvish Scholar. I am endeavoring to learn as I go.

Also Important: J.R. Tolkien's timelines are confusing! Because of this, I may not have the right events lining up in certain places. Please know that I try my best to research timelines before I write.

Most Important: I am a Christian. I will write with a pure pen. Nothing improper will cross these pages. There will be a kiss here and there, but that is as far as it will go.

A fun tip for all: If you have not heard of this before, there is a Wiki Website for Lord of the Rings and the Hobbit. Look up One Wiki To Rule Them All, and it should pop up right there. It is a wonderful place to start if you want more information on the History of Middle Earth.

All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.
From the ashes a fire shall be woken,
A light from the shadows shall spring;
Renewed shall be blade that was broken,
The crownless again shall be king.

May The Valar Guide You,

Susanna Chattaway