Chapter One

~COPYRIGHT 2011~

“Um, excuse me, ma’am?” I heard a voice above me.

My eyes shot open to see a male hovering over me, blocking my sun. I sat up and pushed my sunglasses up into my dirty blonde hair. My hair cascaded down my shoulder in loose waves. I pushed it out of my face and stared at the mystery person.

“Yeah?” I questioned in response.

“I was wondering if you could move from where you’re lying. This is the lifeguard zone and if someone needs rescuing, you’ll be in the way,” he answered.

“I sit here every day. It’s never been a problem before,” I told him.

“Well, I’m sorry but you’re going to have to move.”

“Alright, calm your swim trunks. I’ll move,” I said, gathering up my things. He chuckled and I glared at him. “Why have I never seen you before? I come here a lot.”

“I just moved into town a couple of days ago. I got a job here for the rest of the summer,” he explained.

“Oh, well welcome to town,” I said, walking away.

“Thanks,” he called after me.

I smiled to myself as I set up my stuff in another spot. He was definitely a cutie. It’s about time we get some new blood in this town. All the guys here are douche bags. But this guy, mmm, he was hot and he was nice enough. Not to mention he could pull any girl in with those sexy dark eyes and that fit body. Wait, shut up Maddi! Stop drooling over this guy! You just met him! What’re you thinking? And anyways, it’s not like he’ll like me. No guys like me. I’m just that ugly.

“Is this good enough for you?” I asked him.

“Yeah, you’re good,” he laughed.

His laugh sent shivers down my spine. It was sexy. Why was this guy affecting me so much? I pushed the feeling aside and headed down to the water. I walked in and soaked my heated body, throwing my now wet hair behind my shoulder. I started heading back to my towel when I noticed his eyes on me. I smirked at him and bit my lip.

“You know, staring isn’t nice,” I giggled.

“Can’t help it,” he winked.

“I think we’re going to get along just fine,” I told him.

“So do I,” he agreed.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yeah, I know, this is a poor excuse for a first chapter. I just wanted to see what you think! So comment! Thanks.

~COPYRIGHT 2011~