Chapter Twenty One

~COPYRIGHT 2011~

*Maddi’s POV*

I woke up in the morning to hear my phone vibrating. I got out of Leighton’s bed and grabbed it off of the dresser, heading out of her room.

“Hello?” I whisper asked.

“Maddi, what the hell did you do? My best friend is a total drag! Why would you break up with him?” my brother yelled.

I sighed. “Kale, I felt really bad doing it, but I had to. I can’t be with him. It didn’t feel right,” I spoke, heading into the kitchen.

I gasped when I saw the sight before me. Landon was leaning against the counter with nothing but his boxers on, drinking a glass of orange juice.

“Uh, Kale, I have to go,” I said, hanging up, not even hearing what he had to say.

My eyes raked down his body as he checked me out also. He smirked and stepped closer. I side stepped him.

“So how was your date last night?” I questioned. “It sure sounded like you were having fun.”

“Jealous that wasn’t you in my bed?” he wondered.

“You wish,” I scoffed.

“Actually I did. That whole time I was thinking of you.”

I made a grossed out face. “You need to stop thinking of your students like that. Tsk, tsk, you’re a really naughty boy, Landon.”

“That’s Mr. Evers to you.”

I rolled my eyes and headed back into Leighton’s room. She was sitting up in her bed, smirking at me.

“Where’d you run off to?” she asked.

“I had a phone call. Kale was yelling at me for supposedly ‘ruining’ his best friend. And then you brother made me feel completely uncomfortable.”

“What did he do now?”

“You don’t want to know what he said,” I informed her. “Trust me.”

“Come on, it can’t be that bad,” she laughed. “Tell me.”

“Nope.”

“Tell me!”

“No!”

“TELL ME!”