Chapter Three

~COPYRIGHT 2011~

Landon walked me to my car after a long day at the beach. My sensitive skin was slightly scorched from the hot sun.

"What're you doing tomorrow?" he asked me.

"Nothing much. I'm just going shopping for school. I won't be here. I think I need some rest from the sun," I answered. "Why?"

"I thought we could hang out. What do you say I pick you up in the afternoon? I'll bring you shopping and then we could go out for dinner and movie," he suggested.

"You really are too sweet," I told him.

"Well, you're my girlfriend. We have to go on a first date to make it official," he replied. "So is that a yes?"

"Sure," I shrugged. "Give me a call tomorrow before you come."

"Will do. Goodbye beautiful," he said and pecked me on the lips leaving me wanting more.

"Bye," I said with a smile as he opened my car door for me.

I stepped in and he closed it behind me. I started up the engine and he tapped the hood before I backed out of my spot and headed home.

When I got in the house, I found my parents watching football on the couch along with my twin brother, Kale. As usual, my mom and him were screaming at the TV like the players could hear them.

"Hey dweeb," my brother said, turning to look at me.

That's my brother. He acts like we aren't related. He's popular, which I don't get. We both are from the same non rich family so why doesn't HE get picked on also? It's not fair! Well maybe it has to do with the fact that he fucks every girl in our school. Yep, he's that guy.

"Fuck off Kale," I grumbled. He was the only one who I stood up to when he teases me. But I only ever last out when we're at home. At school he can be pretty cruel.

"How was your day sweetheart?" my mom asked. She was oblivious to the tension between Kale and I.

"Pretty good. I'm going out tomorrow with a guy that I met," I answered.

"Good for you, sweetie. It's about time you went out and socialized," she responded.

"Gee, thanks mom," I mumbled and headed up to my room.

I plopped down on my bed, sighing. My good mood was ruined because of the group I call my family. Such a good group of people there are. As you can tell, my family and I aren't that close. I'm the weird one that apparently isn't good enough for my parents.

There was a knock at my door and I ignored it. But they kept getting louder until I finally grew irritated with it. I flew up out of bed and opened the door to see the one and only Kale standing there.

"What do you want?" I asked him.

"So you finally found a guy who likes you, huh? Do I know him?" he questioned, walking past me and sitting on my bed.

"No, you don't know him. He just moved into town," I said.

"It won't be long before he discovers who you are and wants nothing to do with you," he chuckled.

"He already knows about me and he accepts me for who I am," I told him, gritting my teeth.

"Whatever baby sis. No matter what you do, you'll still be a freak," he said.

Every single time he said something mean to me; my heart broke a little bit. How can my own brother be like this? He was the only one whose words affected me. Did he not understand that he was the only one I had?

Yes, he is the only one I have. I mean, I have my parents, but they're never home. The only time they're home is one week a month. And this week happened to be that week that they were home. Then they go off on their 'business trips'. To be honest, I think they are both having affairs. The only people I pretty much lived with were my twin brother and whatever chic he was fucking. He brought a different girl home every few days. Man whore.

"Kale..." I said in a whisper, tears in my eyes.

"What do you want loser?" he questioned, stopping in my doorway while leaving.

I couldn't get the next line out and I burst into tears. I slammed the door shut in his shocked face. He's never seen me like this and I had never intended for him to. Now he would have the pleasure of knowing that he made me cry.

I threw my body on my bed and wrapped up in the covers, not caring to change. I closed my eyes and cried myself to sleep.

The next morning I woke up to feel someone stroking my hair. My eyes fluttered open to see my mother smiling down at me.

"Hi baby," she murmured.

I smiled. I missed these old days when she would actually treat me like her child and like she loves me.

"Good morning," I responded.

"I just came in here to tell you that your father and I are leaving. We'll see you when we get back," she told me.

"Alright, be safe. I love you."

"Yep," she said and went out of my room.

Isn't it wonderful when you tell your mother that you love her and she doesn't say it back? I sighed to myself. Well at least I would have a nice day out with Landon. That was the only reason I was getting up this morning. Otherwise I'd sit in bed all day sulking. All of this verbal abuse was starting to take a toll on me. A girl can only take so much and I've been dealing with it since elementary school. I'm pretty sure I'm at my breaking point.

I dragged myself out of bed and my lazy feet carried me to the bathroom. I showered and brushed my teeth. Then I got dressed for the day, wearing something cute and comfortable.

I skipped down the stairs only to hear giggling coming from the living room. I guess one of my brother's sluts was over. God, he disgusted me.

I grabbed a bowl and poured myself some Raisin Bran. I sat down at the counter and started eating. But my appetite was quickly ruined when I heard moaning. Wow, he didn't even have the audacity to go into his room?

I dumped the rest of my cereal down the drain and went to tell him I was going out. I'm pretty sure it's going to scar my mind, but I got to do what I got to do.

"Uh, bro?" I questioned awkwardly.

"Keep going babe," he egged on the girl who was giving him head. "What Maddi?"

"I'm heading out," I said and walked off.

The last thing I heard before walking out of the door was my brother chanting, "Yeah babe, you suck me." Gross. He was such a pervert!

I headed down the sidewalk, not sure where I was going when my phone rang. I picked it up and answered it.

~COPYRIGHT 2011~