Chapter Seven

~COPYRIGHT 2011~

*Landon's POV*

My head shot up when the beeping began. Damn alarm clock. I slammed my hand down on it and flung the covers off of my body. Maybe I shouldn't have stayed out so late last night. But I didn't regret it. It was an awesome night. She was amazing and so beautiful. Just thinking about her I was getting a hard one. God dammit Landon! Calm yourself down! You're 22 for Christ's sake!

I took a shower, brushed my teeth and got dressed for the day. I quickly put some gel in my hair and shaped it and then I headed into the kitchen. Before going out the door, I grabbed an apple and picked my keys up off of the counter.

The drive to my parent's house took 2 hours. I don't even get why they're making me come here. They said it was super important. I'd much rather be hanging out with my girl than spending time with my family, mostly my father. Let's just say that he's a dick.

"Honey!" my mom shrieked as I walked up the steps.

She squashed me into her chest with a tight hug.

"Hi mom," I laughed.

"I missed you so much!" she cried.

"Alright, I missed you too, but stop with the waterworks," I teased.

She hit me on the chest. "Don't make fun of your mother!" she exclaimed.

"Landy!" my 17 year old sister yelled as she came running out of the door.

Her dark brown curls bounced lightly behind her as she ran towards me. I picked her up and twirled her around like I would a five year old. And she wasn't even that small. I'm surprised I was still able to do it.

"How've you been Leighton?" I asked her.

"Awesome. Guess what I did the other day?" she questioned.

"What?"

"I punched a football player in the face and broke his nose!"

"Damn! That's the little sister I know!"

"And she got suspended for it too," my mom said, clearly disappointed in her.

"Mom, I've already told you multiple times why I did it! He was being all touchy and I didn't like it!"

"He was your boyfriend!"

"So? That doesn't mean he has permission to touch my boobs! Maybe my ass, but not these. These are precious," she said, cupping her breasts.

"Gross! Can we please stop talking about your boobs?" I asked.

This is my family for you. Crazy and awkward, but I love it.

"Sure sweetie. Let's go inside," my mom said, leading the way.

Once I entered the kitchen, I was overwhelmed by the smell of many different types of food.

"Mom, how many people are you cooking for?" I laughed, taking a seat at the island in the middle.

"Just for you, your sister, daddy, and I, baby. You know I love to cook."

"Yeah, I know. I was just teasing you again."

"Hello son," I heard my dad's voice behind me. I felt his hand squeezing my shoulder.

"Hello father," I said politely.

"It's nice to actually see you. You should come visit more," he told me.

"You know I'm busy. I had college and now I got a job. I'm going to start teaching at the local high school in town."

"Congratulations," my mom praised me. "That's actually what we wanted to talk to you about."

"Um, alright, what's up?" I asked.

"We're moving honey," she explained. "Your father got a promotion and we need to go to Connecticut. The thing is, your sister doesn't want to go with us. She wants to finish school here in Maine. Can she stay with you and go to the high school you're working at?"

"WHAT?" I exclaimed

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Landon's family is quite interesting, aren't they?

Remember, to the right is a picture of our new character Leighton Evers who is played by Lucy Hale ----------------à

She's actually an important character and she'll come into play later.

What's Landon going to say to the question?

~COPYRIGHT 2011~