Chapter Two

The last sentence in this chapter is a hint. It has a big significance in the story. Just a pre warning!

~COPYRIGHT 2011~

*The next day*

Once again here I was at the beach. The lifeguard and I had gotten to know one other yesterday. I found out his name. It's Landon. Rather than him doing his job, we'd just talk the whole time.

"So, do you have any favorite classes?" he questioned.

He knew that I was going into school at the end of summer just like he said he was. I think he thought I meant college, but I didn't care. I like being called older than I am.

"I love Spanish. It's a very interesting language," I answered.

"Oh yeah? Say something to me in Spanish right now."

"No estás haciendo tu trabajo. No eres un buen trabajador. ¡Y deja de mirarme las tetas!" I said.

He stared at me for a second and laughed.

"I have no idea what you just said, but you sounded hot saying it," he responded.

"I said, you aren't doing your job and you're a bad worker. I also told you to stop staring at my boobs," I told him.

His eyes snapped up to mine when I said the last line. His face was priceless. It turned a bright shade of red and his eyes widened. I burst out laughing.

"I'm sorry. I shouldn't have been staring," he said quietly.

"No worries. I know I'm gifted," I replied with a smirk. "You're so sensitive. You take everything literally."

"When it comes to women, yeah, I do. I don't want you to think that I'm some creep who uses girls because I'm nothing like that," he responded.

"Why do you care what I think so much?" I asked.

"Maybe I care because I like you."

"Maybe I like you too," I smiled and bit my lip nervously. He didn't say anything so I decided to just continue the conversation. "So what're you favorite classes?"

"I love American History. Always have, always will," he said.

"Really? Wow, there is seriously something wrong with you. I hate history. I'm being forced to take it this year. I feel bad for whoever that teacher is. I'm going to give them hell all year," I said.

"I'm pretty sure you just broke my heart when you said you didn't like history. It looks like I'm going to have to take back what I said about liking you."

I crossed my arms over my chest and faked angry.

"Well I never liked you anyways," I pouted.

"You know I was kidding, right?"

"Yeah, I know," I giggled. "I was just trying to see how you were going to react."

"You're not very nice," he said.

I smiled brightly. "That's me!"

"You're funny."

"You're the only one who thinks so."

"What do you mean?"

"I'm surprised you're even talking to me. I'm a social outcast in this town. I'm not pretty enough. I don't have the right body shape. I don't dress cool enough and I'm not rich," I explained.

"What're you talking about? None of that is true. You're beautiful, you dress fine, and your body is definitely the right shape. In fact, it's sexy," he said, causing me to blush. "You're cute when you get embarrassed."

My face flushed a darker shade of red and he laughed.

"Now it's my turn to get the first laugh," he said.

I stuck my tongue out at him which just made him started laughing harder.

"Why would you say those things about yourself?" he questioned after settling down.

"Because they're true. You don't know me Landon. You don't want to be involved with me. If you are, you'll be an outcast also. I don't want that. You're a good guy. I'm just the girl who gets teased. I never should've started talking to you. I should go," I said and began to get up.

"Maddi, don't go," he said, grabbing my hand. "It doesn't matter if I'm an outcast. I don't care. I'm glad I started talking to you. I wouldn't take it back for the world. I'm into you. I'm not going to let you go. I know I just met you yesterday, but these two days have been the best days of my summer by far."

I paused. Did he really mean that?

"Yes, I really meant that," he said. Oh crap, did I say that out loud. "Yes, you said it out loud," he laughed.

I laughed and sat back down. I wrapped my arms around him in a hug and kissed him on the cheek without realizing it.

He smirked at me. "I'm going to say that the feeling's mutual?" he guessed.

I nodded at him and he smiled at me, mesmerizing me. I stared into the pools of chocolate that he called his eyes. The sun was cast in them. He was so cute. I snapped out of it to see that he was close than before. My heart stopped. What was he doing? He kept moving closer. Oh my god, he was going to steal my first kiss! But the strange thing is, I'm okay with it.

He moved closer yet and our lips touched. It seemed like a thousand fireworks exploded in my head. I found myself wrapping my arms around his neck, kissing him back. I tangled my fingers in his hair and he groaned. I smiled against his lips and pulled away. I unwrapped my arms from his neck and smiled at him. His brown hair was now tousled from our kiss and it was cracking me up.

"What're you laughing at?" he asked.

"You," I chuckled.

"Why?"

"Because you just took my first kiss and you look cute with your hair like that," I said.

"Wait, I was your first kiss?"

"Yeah, you were."

"Well damn, you're a good kisser. You didn't seem inexperienced."

I blushed. "Thanks."

"So what do you say, will you be my girlfriend for the rest of the summer?" he questioned.

"Yes, I will," I answered.

These last two weeks are going to be awesome. I'll have my first real boyfriend, but once school started it'll all end. I have a feeling that we're not going to learn much about one another.

~COPYRIGHT 2011~