Chapter Eight

~COPYRIGHT 2011~

*Still Landon's POV*

"WHAT?" I screamed.

"I said..." my mom started.

"I know what you said, but I'm most definitely not having Leighton stay with me," I told her.

"Landon! You can't let me move! What's going to happen with all of my friends? I'm going to have to start over completely!" Leighton exclaimed.

"You'll have to start over at this school also," I pointed out.

"But at least I'll still be in the same state as my friends! I'll actually be able to visit them if I stay here! Please Landon? I'm begging you," she said, tears in her eyes.

I sighed. She knew that the whole crying thing got me every time.

"Fine," I gave in.

"YES! THANK YOU LANDY!" she shrieked and attacked me with a hug.

"No prob sis. Why don't you start packing while I talk to mom and dad?"

"Alright!" she giggled and ran upstairs to her room.

"So when are you two leaving?" I questioned, my voice hard.

I was angry that they were leaving. Ever since I was little, they've been moving around, ruining our lives. I've been out of that mess for 4 years, but Leighton was stuck. She spent 3 of those years continuously moving around until finally, a year ago, they decided to settle down here in this town. And ever since then, she has gained close friends and has had a great life. Now they almost ruined her senior year. If I wouldn't have taken her in, she would be miserable.

"We're leaving next weekend, the weekend before school starts. You can pick her up on Friday morning. We'll have her ready by then," my father answered.

"I love how you're so calm about this. It's not like you're leaving your son and daughter or anything," I said sarcastically.

"You're 22 Landon, we're not leaving you. And Leighton is plenty old enough. She's a senior for Christ's sake!"

"She's 17 dad! She's not old enough! You're lucky you had me to watch her otherwise you would've ruined her life."

"Baby..." my mom began and reached for me.

I cringed away and scowled. I couldn't believe my mother was going along with this. I knew she hated doing this to us so why was she agreeing to it? Why didn't she just leave my dad? Oh wait, she told me it wasn't worth it and apparently she was getting too old for that. Whatever you say mom.

"Thanks for offering dinner, but I'm too nauseous to eat at this point. I'm leaving and I'll be here next weekend," I said.

"Honey, you were supposed to stay until tomorrow night!" my mom cried.

My face softened and I wrapped her into a hug.

"Don't worry mom. I'll stay in the center of town in a hotel. You and Leighton can come visit me, but I don't want this bastard anywhere near me," I explained, referring to my father.

"Don't you call me a bastard, you fucking punk!" my father roared, standing up abruptly.

"And don't you call me your son!" I growled.

Next thing I know, his fist is colliding with my eye. I didn't even have time to respond. My mother gasped and ran to me.

"I'm alright mom," I assured her. "I want you to grab Leighton and come spend the rest of the day with me. I'll drop you off tonight."

She nodded and took off upstairs. I glared at my father from across the kitchen as I waited. Both of the women came back down the stairs and my mother took her food off the oven. She quickly placed them in Tupperware containers and grabbed her purse from the mudroom. I led them to my car and we headed into town to enjoy a peaceful day without the Devil himself.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Yeah, y'all can hate me for having such a short chapter but I had to end it with that line. It was perfect, was it not?

So Leighton is going to stay at Landon's house and go to the school that he teaches at. That means she is going to school with Maddi.

But remember, Landon doesn't know that. He thinks that Maddi is in college because they don't know much about one another

Please vote, fan, and comment! Thanks so much!

~COPYRIGHT 2011~