Chapter Thirty

~COPYRIGHT 2012~

*Melissa’s POV*

I decided to put my students to busy work during class. There’s no way I’m teaching. Not after that little incident with Carter.

The moment the bell rang, I practically ran out of my classroom and into the office.

“Can I help you Ms. McDonald?” one of the secretaries asked.

“Yes, actually, I was wondering if the principal was free at the moment. I need to have a quick chat with him,” I said.

“Why don’t you go on back and find out? I’m sure he’ll squeeze some time in for a meeting,” she smiled.

I headed to the back of the office and knocked on Mr. Phelps door.

“Come in,” I heard him say.

I opened up the door and shut it behind me.

“Ah, Melissa, what has you here today?” he wondered.

“I would like to speak with you about something that is concerning me,” I told him.

“And that would be?”

I took a seat in front of his desk and he peered down at me. Damn, this was scarier than I thought it was going to be.

“You know Landon Evers, the history teacher, correct?”

“Yes, he’s an excellent addition to this school. The students seem to like him,” he replied.

“See, that’s the problem. I believe there is one student who has grown to like him too much.”

“Oh?”

“Well, it’s not just the student that is interested. The teacher definitely is also. I have seen the two together.”

“You have? Who is the student?”

“Madeline Knight. She is in Landon’s last period history class.”

“What have you seen these two do? I need some proof.”

“Um, well they spend an awful lot of time together and once when I went to his house for a meeting, they seemed very close. And I have seen them kiss once or twice and hold hands on occasion,” I said. Sure, I was lying a bit, but I did know those two had something.

“Thank you for the information Melissa. I’ll be sure to question the two,” he dismissed me.

I gave him a small smile and exited his office, trying not to laugh. This seemed to be going great.

“Would Madeline Knight please report to the principal’s office?” I heard his voice over the intercom.

Mission accomplished.

*Kale’s POV*

“Would Madeline Knight please report to the principal’s office?” an announcement came over the loud speaker.

Shit, what did he want to see her for? I guess I’d just have to go and tell the principal she’s not feeling well.

I packed my stuff up in the middle of class and walked out, ignoring the teacher that was yelling at me. Right now, my priority was trying to get my sister out of trouble.

I headed into the office and to the back, knocking on the principal’s door. I heard shuffling and then it opened. He was smiling but it quickly dropped once he saw me. Let’s just say the principal and I don’t get along very well.

“Kale, what can I do for you?” he wondered.

“I couldn’t help but notice that you called my sister here. I just wanted to tell you that she is out sick today. She’s got a horrible stomach bug,” I lied.

“Oh, well tell her I hope she feels better. Tell her to come and speak to me once she gets back into school. It won’t be that long of a meeting.”

“I’m just curious, why do you need to talk to her? Is she in trouble? Did she do something wrong?”

“No, she’s not in trouble. I just want to talk to her.”

“About what?”

“Why do you suddenly seem so concerned about your sister? Last time I checked, you weren’t very kind to her,” he pointed out.

I gritted my teeth. “That was the past. My sister and I are very close right now. I just don’t want her getting in trouble for anything. She’s a good kid.”

“I’m aware of that. I just need to speak to her about something to deny some claims.”

Shit, claims? He’s definitely talking about Landon and her.

“Alright. I’ll let her know,” I said.

“Thank you. Now, I suggest you head back to class,” he smirked and shut the door in my face.

Bastard. I fucking hate him. And I’ll be damned if he gets my sister in trouble.

~COPYRIGHT 2012~