Chapter Thirty Two

Okay guys, I wanted to clear something up. If any of you thought that I was copying somebody’s work, like @DazedAndConfused ’s book, I promise to you I am not. I am aware that some of it is alike, but I did not intend to copy her book at all. Plus hers in 100 times better than mine! Lol! If you haven’t read her student/teacher story The Perfect Summer Had To End Sometime, you should!

This is the last chapter of this story, but watch out for the epilogue!

~COPYRIGHT 2012~

*The Next Day – Landon’s POV*

I was shaking as I watched Maddi walk into the office this morning. Hopefully she wouldn’t get in trouble.

I tried to push the bad thoughts to the back of my head as I walked to my homeroom. When I got there, I started setting up my things as the students entered the classroom. Soon enough, the bell rang and I started taking attendance as the office ladies went through the morning announcements. Suddenly the phone in the room rang. I picked it up.

“Mr. Evers, homeroom,” I said.

“Hello Mr. Evers, this is Mr. Phelps,” the person on the other side said.

“Hello Mr. Phelps. How can I help you?” I wondered.

“I would like for you to come down to my office right after homeroom. I need to speak to you about some pressing issues,” he said. “Don’t worry about getting a substitute. I already called and got one.”

“I appreciate that sir. I’ll be right down,” I told him.

I hung up and gulped. Shit, now I have to talk to him? I finished taking attendance and the bell rang, the students dispersing. I headed down to the office and to the back. I knocked on the principal’s door.

“Who’s there?” he asked.

“It’s Mr. Evers, sir,” I replied.

“Come on in Mr. Evers,” he said.

I opened up the door to see the principal sitting behind his desk and Maddi was sitting in front of him in a chair.

“Take a seat,” he ordered, motioning to the empty seat beside Maddi.

I sat down and looked at Mr. Phelps. He smiled at me and I tensed. I felt a small hand grip mine out of view and I automatically relaxed.

“Are you aware as to why you’re here Mr. Evers?” he asked me.

“No sir,” I responded.

“There have been some accusations. Serious accusations.”

“What type of accusations?”

“A person came to me the other day, telling me that she has seen you and Madeline together,” he said.

“Of course we’ve been seen together. I’m her student,” I laughed, trying to remain cool. Maddi squeezed my hand.

“No, when I say ‘together’ I mean, together as if in a relationship,” he said.

“What?” I acted shocked. “That’s bizarre!”

“Madeline said the exact same thing. I mean, we’ve never had any problems like this with her. She’s an excellent student, and soft spoken. So I highly doubt this is true. I’m just trying to sort out the story. Do you have an idea as to why this could be accused of you?”

“Like I said before Mr. Phelps, Leighton, Mr. Evers’ sister, is a good friend of mine and we often hang out at Mr. Evers house,” Maddi spoke up.

“I understand that.”

“My brother is even dating Leighton…” she started.

“Wait, your brother is dating someone?” he asked, slightly unprofessionally. “What I meant to say is, I’ve never seen your brother in a serious relationship. Is he in a serious relationship with her at the moment?”

She laughed. “Kale has been known to move from one girl to another, but Leighton changed that for him. They are in a serious relationship at the moment. And all of us went to Mr. Evers house the other night to spend time together. I’m sure you can ask any neighbors about it. They saw our car in the driveway,” she said.

“Okay, that is a valid excuse as to why you’ve been seen with him outside of school. But that doesn’t explain why the person said that she’s seen you two holding hands and kissing outside of school,” he said.

Maddi had a look of horror on her face. I stifled a laugh. She was quite a good actress when she wanted to be.

“No offense to Mr. Evers, but EWW! Why would I be kissing a teacher?!?” she practically shouted.

“Now now Ms. Knight. Please try and calm yourself. I’m sure they were all false accusations. I cannot see you do that myself,” he admitted.

“Is there any way that you would be able to tell me who accused us of such things?” I wondered.

“I’m afraid I need to keep that confidential. Why? Do you have a reason as to why someone would accuse of something like this?”

“Yes, sir, I do,” I stated.

“Pray tell. I’m interested.”

“Well, when I first got the job at this school, I started going out with one of the teachers and we didn’t exactly end on good terms.”

“Who would that teacher be?” he asked.

“Ms. McDonald.”

His eyes lit up. I guess it’s confirmed that she was the one to accuse us.

“So you think that she did this for revenge? Why would she pick Madeline though? Do you think there’s a special reason?”

“It’s obvious, sir,” I said. “It’s pretty easy to make accusations seem real when I’m constantly around one of the students.”

“That is a very good point. Do you have anybody I am able to speak to in order to confirm everything said at this meeting?”

“I know that you and Kale don’t have the best relationship, but you can speak to him,” Maddi said.

“And you can speak to my little sister, Leighton,” I added.

“Of course. I’ll do that. Right now, I have no reason to believe that these accusations were real. You are both free from any trouble,” he said, standing up.

We let our hands free from the death drip we had and stood up with him. We all shook hands and left the room. Maddi and I went our separate ways, not saying a word to one another. We didn’t want to raise suspicions.

Around 5 o’clock that night, Leighton and I went over to Kale and Maddi’s house to celebrate. We ate and laughed around the dining room table. It was perfect. Now if only the end of this year could come quicker…

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is the last chapter, but the epilogue is going to be posted next!

Hate? Like? Love?

~COPYRIGHT 2012~