Chapter 18-Lily

Sebastian had been acting strange. Ever since that night he told me his feelings, he hasn't been himself. He would say minimal words to me. Saying only what is necessary.

   It hurts. It hurts when I look into his eyes and see no emotion. Did Ciel say something to him? Does Ciel know about the contract?

   I hear three firm knocks on my bedroom door. "Come in Sebastian." I sit up in my bed as he pushed a tea cart in the room.

   "You have a free schedule today, Milady. Mr. Freely's son is ill today." Well I don't have to suffer the dreaded piano today.

   I nod in response and take the tea he handed me. "Mey-rin will dress you this morning, now I must go wake the young master." He bows and exits the room, pushing the cart with him.

   I need to figure out what is wrong with him."Sebastian, come back here." I order into the still air of the room.

   He appears in a dark corner. "Yes, young mistress?"

   "You can't lie to me. You will answer my questions truthfully. Is this correct Sebastian?" I glare at the shadows.

   He steps out and bows,"Of course, Milady."

   So many question were flooding through my mind. I didn't know which ones to ask. I finally though of one. "What happened? Why are you so distant? What did Ciel say to you?" Well more than one came out.

   My vision became blurred and I felt tears run down my cheeks. "I thought you said you loved me. Did you lie?" It was silent for what seemed like eternity

  Tears fall faster, I look down and pull my knees to my chest. I feel the bed sink next to me, warm arms wrap themselves around my small form, "how could I ever lie to you..."

   I took up to see Sebastian looking down sadly at me. "Then why are you pushing me away?" I wipe my tears. "I order you to answer the question."

   He sighs. "I didn't want to fall to deeply for you. I've never felt such human emotions, I thought it would be easier if I didn't show them. I thought it for the both of us."

   "How would you think it would make things easier, it makes things more painful this way." I turn around in his arms, facing him. I place my hands on either side of his face looking into his eyes, as if I stared at them long enough, they would tell what was going on in this demon's head.

   "Ciel asked me to find a suitor for you." He places his hands atop my on his face.

   "I don't understand, why?" 

   "I think he's afraid of you being alone." He pulls me into a hug.

   "He's an idiot..." I mumbled stubbornly.