Ch 3; New Names

Nami's POV:

The next day...

I was in the market searching for strawberries in the fruit stand. It was very busy since it was a sunny saturday morning. Red, blue, green, yellow and white stripes on each stand and a pathway between the markets stand... sounds of women or men in each stand offering other customers sales and a discount made the senery louder. Children playing, laughing, running around made it the loudest...Man, it was loud! Then, my eye cought the fruit stand...

"Yes! I found it!" I muttered to myself
I ran to the stand and greeted the salesman and asked where the strawberries were...
"Hmm..." I skimmed the box of strawberries to see which one was the best. There were small ones, big ones, bruised ones, unripped ones and ripped ones. I didn't know what to pick.

"Ni-Ni!" A voice cried out. I looked behind me to see Minato waving at me with a huge smile on his face.
"Oh, Hi Minato" I smiled at him
"Hello Ni-Ni..." he replied...Wait, Ni-Ni?
"NI-NI!!!" I shouted. My eyes widen, confused...
"Oh yea," Minato realised " I gave you a nickname; 'Ni-Ni!'"
"Why?" I moaned

He put his first finger up "Number One; It's a more simple and cuter way to say and spell it"
I rolled my eyes
"And two..." He covered his mouth slightly "I kinda forgot your name..."

" YOU WHAT!!!!" I yelled at him. If I was in an anime, I would have fire around my body and I would have sharp teeth since my jaw dropped just then.

"What!" He rubbed the back of his neck "I-I mean u-um 'game' y-yea heheheh"

Minato's POV:

Please don't kill me...

Nami's POV:

Did he really forget my name? Does he have a memory of a fish? Or is he even a human being?

I looked back at the salesman, who was practically terrified of me, and picked out one of the box of strawberries. I smiled at him and glared at Minato, who was literally covered in his sticky, slimy sweat. I grabbed his wrist and yanked him out of the market.

"H-hey!" Minato stammered "Where are you taking me?!"
"Somewhere quiet..." I whispered to myself

I smiled at him and he gave me the what-are-you-trying-to-say-cuz-i-don't-know-what-you're-saying face...

"Here we are!" I cheered
I climbed the green,grassy,fresh grass hill, still holding Minato's wrist, and sat down on top of the hill...I let go of his wrist as he sat down. His legs were shaking like jelly...I stared at the view infront if us.

There was the clear, blue river down the hill, surrounded by the most beautiful flowers you could see. I lifted my head to see the crisom sky with the sun passing through the faint clouds...and there it was, still standing. The cherry blossom tree. It had the most wonderful  petals in spring as the it gleamed and sparkled by the bright sun, making the rose pink reveal it's colour...

"What's this place?" He asked
I hid my head between my knees and I curled myself up into a ball...
"This place..." I muttered "Was the last time I got to meet my dad..."
He looked at me as I tear fell down my cold cheek...
"The last time" I continued "Before he died in a car crash a few minutes after..."
Why? Why I am telling him this?

Then, I suddenly felt my body fall to Minato and his arm around me...hugging me

"It's okay..." he spoke to me "Look, even though you last spoke to him here in this exact place, you know that it wasn't the last speech he gave to you..."
I looked up at him, speechless.
"What?" I said "That didn't make any sense..."
"Fine, long story short; your dad loved you. No matter what he said to you on that day, it was just to keep you safe so you won't worry about him..." He explained even further...I smiled at him.

"Thanks" I replied softly "Mo-Mo..." Wait...WHAT?!

"Mo-Mo..." Minato chucked "Nice nick name for me..."

I froze

"H-huh!" I started to blush "N-no, I-i didn't m-mean to c-call you t-that..."

He stared at me closely...

"Hey!" I stopped spacing out "What are you looking at?" You pervert...

He shooked his head frantically
"Nothing..." he smiled at me as he rried to stand up "Okay, from now on, you are Ni-Ni and I am Mo-Mo..."

I smiled back and I nodded my head as I stood up from the grass.

We started to walk on the pathway. I finally have one

A friend that I trust...Mo-Mo...

A/N: Soz for the lack of update... but here it  is. Hope you enjoyed it! Chapter 4 will come either this week or next week...