Chapter Six

As I was sleeping peacefully in my bed my phone started to ring. At first I wasn't going to answer it but I decided it could be something important. I grabbed my phone and pressed the answer button and put it against my face. "Who is this?"

"Hey sweetheart I need you to come into the office." I took the phone from my face and looked at it and then placed it back to my face. "Lincoln good bye." I was on the verge of pressing the end button when he screamed out to me. "It is Saturday which means my day off which means no."

"I will pay you for your time but we need your help."

"Lincoln I am tired and I just want to sleep, please just let me sleep."

"Sweetheart I wish I could but you agreed to this project and we need you right now or this whole thing is screwed before it starts." I rolled over and just sighed. "Fine, I will be in a hour."

"I knew I could count on you." I hung up the phone and just laid there before getting up. I hated getting out of bed on Saturdays because this was the day where you were supposed to sleep in. I stripped the covers from my body and then went into the bathroom to do my thing. I wasn't going to wear anything fancy so I just put on some black skinny jeans with the ends rolled at the bottom along with a red V-neck T-shirt and red opened-toed stilettos. I put my hair in a loose pony and added some simple diamond earrings.

When I got downstairs I saw Jordan sitting on the couch eating cereal again. "I got called into work today so I won't be back until like three."

"Wait I can take you in today," he said standing up. "Why I can drive myself?"

"I wanted us to go to lunch today with Brianna." Brianna was our little sister that was supposed to graduate high school this year. I haven't really spoken to her because every time I try she jumps down my throat so I just gave up. Don't get me wrong I love my sister but at this point in my life I don't have time for her attitude. Sometimes she just acts like she is the only one who had problems. "Uh sure, I guess."

"We don't have to if you don't want to Samaria it's just haven't seen her since I been back and I thought you would want to come too."

"I would love to come Jordan."

"You sure?"

"Yea now come on before I'm late." He grabbed his keys and we headed out.

I made him stop at IHop so I could get some French toast with orange juice. It was something about their French toast that had me hooked. When I got to work it was nine. "I will pick you up at one."

"Alright I will text you if I need longer time." he nodded and I got out. "Why are you here?" Raquel asked her new desk. I mean it was about time Lincoln got this bitch a desk. "Lincoln called me in to help him, why are you here?"

"When my boss is here I am here, you should know this."

"Whatever Raquel I don't have time for your crap today."

"Bitch I don't care what you have time for!" I stopped everything I was doing and looked at her. She was really pushing my buttons and I was this close to knock the shit out of her. I never understood why she was always so damn mean but I did know I was not the one. Before I could say something Lincoln came out of his office and pulled me in.

"I thought you would never get here."

"I was on my way in until your rude ass assistant started talking her usual shit," I said sitting down. He just laughed and followed suit. "I don't see nothing funny, that bitch need to go!"