Chapter Nineteen

Ever since the whole blow up with between Lincoln and me, we haven't really talked much. I don't know if I have been avoiding him or just not in the mood to talk to him. I was still trying to figure out what I wanted to do about us. I knew that I thought we could be something good but I just didn't know if we could get there. It seemed like every time we tried or came close to greatness, something happens to fuck it up. I just wanted someone I could depend on and Lincoln just didn't seem to be it.

Today I called into work so I didn't have to be around him and so I could think more about my life. I just wished things were simple. Right now I just felt like I did when we were in high school. I felt like I wasn't good enough or that I would never be good enough. I sighed in my bed at my fucked up life. I didn't feel like getting out of bed so I just went back to sleep.

By the time I woke up it was two in the morning. I twisted around trying to make myself get up. I knew I couldn't just stay in bed forever. I slowly lifted the covers off of me and walked into the bathroom to take a shower. I stayed in the shower just staring at nothing trying to figure out my life and where the hell I went wrong. When my skin was begging me to get out, I did and wrapped a towel around my body. I found a spaghetti strapped skin fitting black dress that flowed down to my feet. My stomach was beginning to growl so I head down to the kitchen to find something that I could eat. When I got to the kitchen I found Lucas at my stove stirring something. "Um did I miss the memo where you come into my house and cook?" he looked at me and smiled. "Raquel gave me the key to let myself in."

"That's good but why are you here?"

"Well, when you called into work today I thought would pop by and see if everything is okay."

"And that included cooking in my kitchen?"

"I got hungry and I figured that maybe you would be hungry too when you woke up. So I decided to make us chicken alfredo." I leaned up against the counter and crossed my arms across my chest. "Don't think I've ever had a guy just show up to my house and cook."

"Then maybe we should change that."

"Maybe." I took a fork from his hands and took a bite from the pot. I had to admit baby boy knew how to cook. I went for more but he stopped me. "Sit down and I will make you a plate." I nodded and took a sit at my table and watch him move around my kitchen like he knew the place. "So tell me when did you learn my kitchen so well." He took a plate down and filled it with his creation. "While you were sleep I had to figure my way around to find what I needed." I just nodded and took in the smell of the food he placed in front of me. He got himself a plate and sat down in front of me. We ate silence for a while just enjoying each other's company and the food of course.

"So you want to tell me why you called in sick for work?" I didn't answer right away but just kept eating. I didn't want to tell him about Lincoln and me because it seemed like something he wouldn't want to hear about. I felt like all I ever talked about was Lincoln and me. "It was nothing, I just didn't feel good when I woke up." He didn't say anything but just kept eating. I followed his lead and did the same. When I thought the subject was over he started again, "How about the real reason now." I felt him looking at me and when I did look up I instantly was met with his piercing eyes. I wanted to lie but I knew he could see through me. For some reason I couldn't lie to him. I sighed and put my fork down. "I just had a lot of things on my mind."

"What's bothering you?"

I shrugged, "Just stuff." He now put his fork down and looked at me. "Tell me what it is Samaria." I bit my lip thinking if I should. "Me and Lincoln got into a fight after you left."

"What about?"

"He accused me of sleeping with you. Next thing I know we are yelling at each other and he storms out. We haven't really spoken to each other since." I waited for him to say something but nothing came. "Aren't you going to say something?"