Chapter Twenty-Seven

Recently I have been getting tired of everything. Lucas and Lincoln have been avoiding me and frankly I am getting sick of them both. I am tired of feeling guilty for my feelings and their feelings. Deep inside I wanted to just quit and forget the whole thing. I was beginning to not even like the job or realizing I never did. This job was never my goal in life so they were just making it easier for me to let go.

I had decided to sulk in my misery by drinking on the couch. I don't know where I got whiskey from but I found it and now I wasn't letting it go. I wanted to get so drunk that I couldn't feel my face in the morning. Everything was falling apart.

I lifted the bottle letting the hard liquid flow down my throat when I felt the couch move under me. I looked over and it was Jordan. I ignored him and just kept drinking. When I tried to take another drink he took the bottle from me. "Give that back!"

"No."

"Jordan I'm not playing, give me back my whiskey!"

"Why? So you can just drink yourself to death?" I just shrugged leaning my head back against the plush couch. "What's up with you?"

I turned my head to face him. "What's not wrong with me?"

"Tell me what's wrong sis," he pulled me close letting my head lay on his chest. I hated feeling like this. I hated letting people dictate how I felt or how I acted. This is why I didn't trust people. "For starters I told Lincoln we shouldn't be a couple and by the time I realized Lucas had feelings for me, he had already pushed me out of his life. Now the two of them are ignoring me and right now I just want to quit."

"Well if you want to quit then quit."

"It's not that simple."

"Why not?"

"Because I have bills to pay and things to take care of, I need my job."

"Then don't quit," he said shrugging. I whined. "But I want to. I don't want to be an assistant for the rest of my life Jordan. I want to follow my dreams."

"Then quit Samaria, damn." I sat up and looked at him. "You're no help." I pouted and reached for my bottle but he slapped my hand away. I sighed. "Look Samaria you can't live your life according to what you think it should be, but how you want it to be. If this job isn't your dream then quit but don't just quit because of some guys. You gotta follow your heart on this one."

"So you do know how to be a brother?" he laughed out loud. "Yea I do but I don't think you should run from your problems either."

"How am I running?"

"You need to talk to them."

"I've tried but they won't even talk to me. I told you they are mad at me and frankly I'm tired of trying to suck up to them. If they want to be mad then let them." I looked at him and he was smiling. "Why the hell are you smiling?"

"I knew Lucas liked you." He now had a big ass smile plastered on his face with every teeth showing.

"Is that all you have to say?"

"You should've listened. Actually you should've seen the signs, they were all there."

"Maybe so but none of that matters now."

"Do you still want to be Lucas?" now that was a question I didn't know. I hadn't really thought about being with him anymore since he pushed me out of his life. I just figured it would never happen.

"I know I still have some feelings for him but he's going back to the old Lucas and that's not the guy I fell for."

"So you do love him?" I bit my lip.