Missing Piece

*Abby's POV*

I got up the next day and got ready for school. I avoided Cam all day yesterday, because I just felt guilty of what I had done. I had sex with a girl's boyfriend. Just thinking about it gave me this unwanted feeling in my stomach and made my heart beat so fast. I got dressed and didn't have time for breakfast.

 I got dressed and didn't have time for breakfast

During first period I didn't see Bianca anywhere. Did Cam tell her about what happened? I turned around to see Cam sitting down. He looked upset and stressed out. Maybe he did tell her. I wasn't sure if I wanted to talk to him or not because of how guilty I felt. After class I waited for him by the door outside.

"Cam," I said as soon as he stepped out the door. He looked up and turned towards me. "Are you okay?" I asked. He shrugged his shoulders. "Did.... you tell Bianca?" I asked. He shook his head. "Then what's wrong?" I asked. "Look Abby, you can't fucking avoid me and ignore me, then talk to me the next day like as if you don't even remember ignoring me. I'm a person too, you can't talk to me and ignore me when you fucking want," he said angrily.

"I'm sorry," I said lowly. He shook his head and turned away. "Wait!" I said quickly. "At least tell me what's wrong," I asked softly. He took me to the bench and sat down. "First you have to tell me why you ignored me all day yesterday," he said. "Fine," I replied. "I felt really bad that I slept with you. Since you and Bianca are a thing........ I've never done anything like that before," I continued.

"You could've told me that yesterday," he said looking down. I bit my lip and shrugged my shoulders. "Well, are you okay?" I asked. He rubbed his eyes and rested his face in his hands after. "I was going to tell Bianca about what had happened," he said. "But something happened and I........ I didn't wanna tell her right after because the news would just crush her," he said sadly.

"W-w-well what happened to her?" I asked. "Not her...... her dad got in a far accident and is in critical condition right now," he explained with his voice beginning to break. "Oh, Cam" I exhaled and wrapped my arms around him. He pulled me closer and squeezed me. Everyone was in class by now since it was only second period. I decided not to go to class and stayed with him holding him as he cried into my shoulders.

"I feel just as guilty. Maybe even more," he said. "Ssshhh," I comforted him. I stayed holding him until the bell for break had rang. He pulled away and rubbed his eyes with the bottom of his palms. "I've never cried this much since you and I broke up," he joked. I laughed along. "Thanks," he said smiling. "No problem," I replied getting up.

"Where are you going?" he asked. "Your friends are gonna be here anytime soon. Don't you wanna tell them?" I asked. "I'll tell them another time," he replied. "I just want you to stay here with me," he said. I nodded and sat back down. We talked for the rest of break and met up after every class.

After school, I went straight home. I walked in to a quiet house with a note on the kitchen counter. "Will be back tomorrow. Had to go to Los Angeles. Love you and take care," it said. I put my stuff down upstairs and sat on my bed. I felt empty and alone and upset. Like something was missing. Like apart of me was gone.

I laid on my bed and eventually fell asleep. I woke up 2 hours later feeling sad and groggy. I felt terrible but needed something. Someone. I needed Cameron. I got up and ran out the door. I ran and ran.

I stopped immediately in front of his house. His car was there but I only saw his. I walked to his door & hesitantly knocked on the door. The door opened and there he was standing. "Abby?"