Kyla

He was waiting. He knew who she was. He knew what she looked like. But, he didn't know when she would get here. When another crowd of humans entered the pet store he sat up hopefully, but seeing no silver hair, slumped back down. Anyway, he thought, Where was I? Oh yes. I know she's mine, and I'm hers. I know She will understand me. I know her abilities. He pushed an errant sibling off him and hissed at it irritably. "Stick to your side." He then returned to his thoughts.I know her, inside and out. I most likely know more about her than she does. I also know why I know this. I know these things because I am her familiar, and I love her the way only a familiar can love their witch. 

Another group entered and he straightened again. He searched the crowd once more, and was about to lie down again when he saw a flicker of silver hair.He stood up and pushed past his litter mates to get to the glass and be close to her. Oh yeah, there was one more thing he knew about her. "Kyla!"he mewled happily. "I'm over here!"

-----------Kyla------------

She blinked and stopped moving to look around for the source of the voice. How did this person know her name?

"Kyla!"she heard again. It sounded like it was coming from her left. She turned that way, and saw an adorable fluffy black kitten pressing as close to the glass as possible, as though he might be able to phase through it. She drew closer, dragging her protesting father after her. "We agreed on a fish!" he was arguing. "Or a hamster, or something! Not a cat!"

"I don't want a cat." she said calmly. "I want a kitten!"

"but it will grow up to be a cat!"

By that time they had reached the cage, and she reached in and picked up the kitten. "I don't want anything else. Just this kitten."

"Fine." He sighed. "but you have to empty its litter box. "