Writing Prompt #24: Wedding crashers

https://www.reddit.com/r/WritingPrompts/comments/hldkme/wp_and_the_priest_said_to_those_who_oppose_this/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

"Speak now, or forever hold your peace." The priest said solemnly.

I smiled at the beautiful woman before me, whose long black hair was hanging just slightly in her face. The woman I loved. I looked into her soft brown eyes for a long moment before the priest spoke again.

"I now-" then, suddenly, a loud crash echoed through the church, and everyone in the room turned to face the massive wooden doors that had slammed open. Silhouetted in the doorway were seven people. At the sight of these people, I clasped my soon-to-be wife close to my chest.

"Liliiiith~" rasped the one in front, a tall, slim figure draped in fancy clothes and jewelry. Pride.

"Come home, Lilith." Whispered one hiding behind the first, a short hunched creature with stringy gray hair. Envy.

"We miss you." Purred a third, which was dressed in a crop top and short shorts, with an aggressively female body. Lust.

I clutch my almost-wife even closer. "No." I growl. "I'm never going back. I have a life here. Nothing any of you can say will change my mind. "

"Oh Lilith." Said the fourth demon, a fat tub of lard in a hoodie and jeans. Gluttony.

"What makes you think you have a choice?" Snarled another, this one resembled a wolf more than a person, with long pointed ears and sharp fangs. Wrath.

My wife was shaking in my arms, hugging me tight enough that she'd crack my ribs, if I was human.

"I always have a choice." I reply quietly. "My ability to choose is what cast me below."

The sixth demon yawned. "We know, sister. You've only told us like, 80 times." Sloth.

"Then you should know by now." I spat, locking eyes with the final demon, Greed. "I always have a back-up plan." As I held my wife close, the second priest finally snuck close enough to turn on the hose, and spray the demons with holy water.

They all began screaming, and tripped over each other to get away from the shower of deadly poison. I watched as they abandoned their corporeal forms, which made a ghastly sticky mess all over the tiles, and fled back to their castles in hell.

Once they'd fled, the church was silent for a long time, save the sound of the hose spraying the slime out the door onto the sidewalk outside.

"A-are they gone now?" My wife asked, carefully prying her eylids open.

"For now." I reply softly.

She looked up at me, her doe eyes melting my heart. "They'll come back?"

"They always do. But I win every time, Eve. They can't stop me forever."

Eve stood up on her tiptoes and kissed me on the cheek. "Maybe next time, they'll RSVP instead of just busting in."

"Maybe." I said with a chuckle. "But they've never been the politest of family."