Writing Prompt #5: Werewolf

https://www.reddit.com/r/WritingPrompts/comments/f2v27r/wp_the_werewolf_looms_over_you_drool_dripping/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share

The werewolf's head turns, following the arc of the stick, waiting. Patient.

"Okay, go!" I cry.

She bolts, taking mere moments to cross the football field, slowing at the goalpost as she turned, digging her claws into the turf, then ran for the stick. It was inches from the ground when she snatched it up in her jaws before tumbling to a stop, sides heaving from the effort of catching her breath.

She spat out the stick and let out a rumbling growl of curiousity.

I glanced at the stopwatch in my hand. "You're getting quicker as we near full moon. Only took you 5 seconds."

She let out a long howl of excitement.

"Shh!" I said with a laugh. "Normal people are asleep right now.

She stuck out the tongue at me, and picked the stick back up, using her hand this time. Then she trotted back over to me, and handed me the stick, before sitting down on her haunches again, tongue still hanging out of her mouth.

"Again?"

She nodded, her ears pricked forward and tail wagging with excitement.

"No! Did you forget you work tomorrow morning?"

She whined in reply, giving me wide puppy-dog eyes.

I held out for a minute before giving in. "Fine. But this is the last time."