Writing Prompt #15: The Pretty Ones

https://www.reddit.com/r/WritingPrompts/comments/fpd8dp/wp_ah_yes_the_pretty_ones_are_always_after_your/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share

"Ah yes, the pretty ones are always after your organs.""

The silence after that phrase echoed around the room. Vil'ya, not seeming to notice that all three humans were now staring at her, continued eating.

"Vil'ya?" One of the humans, specifically, Gerald, asked. "What the fuck does that mean?"

Vil'ya looked at Gerald, set down her meal, and replied,  "The pretty ones? They are always seeking your organs, yes? Is it different among your species?"

"Sure," piped up another human, Sylvia, "Sometimes they're gold diggers, or they just want in your pants, but not every pretty girl is like that."

"No, no," Vil'ya clarified. "Among my species, as we are a shapeshifter brood, the outside beauty is unnecessary, and so any who show off visually are seeking mates or drawing prey, thusly they want your organs."

The humans around her were fascinated. "Your species eats each other?" Questioned Tony. "Isn't that cannibalism?"

Vil'ya looked at Tony now, and her brow furrowed. "What is cannibalism?"

"It's when a member of one species eats another of the same species." Sylvia clarified. "It's illegal on human worlds."

Vil'ya scratched an antenna thoughtfully. "Yes, it is that then. It's illegal, you say? How odd." She glanced at her meal, and then back to the humans at the table beside her. "Does that mean I can't finish my lunch?"