Chapter 11: "It Plays With Your Tongue"

"What's that smell?" I asked myself as I woke up and stretched out my arms.

Throughout the entire house was a fantastic aroma of freshly cooked eggs and other baked goods. I got out of bed and followed the scent all the way downstairs, into the kitchen. Mads was preparing a plate for each of us with poached eggs and warm croissants.

"Good morning Elise. Did you sleep well?" Mads asked while continuing to organize the food.

"Yes, I did. Did you?"

He froze, looked up, smiled, and then continued as if I hadn't asked a question at all.

"Here. Follow me outside."

He took both plates and lead me to his back yard. A massive, uniquely designed swimming pool took up three-quarters of the yard and a small concrete area, supposedly meant for friendly gatherings, took up the other quarter. To my left was a glass dining table where two place settings were set vertically from each other. A large pitcher of orange juice lied in the middle of the table, right next to a colorful bouquet of assorted flowers, creating an unsurpassable and heavenly elegance to our morning breakfast together.

Mads placed the plates down onto their appropriate settings and pulled out my chair, gesturing for me to sit. I walked toward him and slowly sat down.

"Have you ever eaten fresh croissants before?" He asked.

"Of course I've had croissants before." I laughed back at him.

"No no no... I mean fresh croissants. Made by hand and completely from scratch."

"Wow... Um, no. No, I don't believe that I have."

He smiled devilishly and my heart began to melt.

"Once you bite into my croissant, you won't be able to help yourself."

I bit my lips hard, thinking about just how comically intimate his statement was.

"Oh really?" I laughed. "You do understand just how sexual that sounded, don't you?"

"If my intentions were sexual, then I would have made danishes for breakfast." he answered sarcastically as he now bit his lips.

We both shared a long, simultaneous outburst of laughter, which seemed to break the ice between us after all that had happened the night before.

"Alright. Now in all seriousness, take a bite and give me your verdict."

I bit into the flakey croissant and, unexpectedly, bit into the most extraordinarily delicious pastry in the history of my lifetime.

"Sweet Lord! This is culinary perfection!"

"It plays with your tongue... like sex in your mouth."

"That is exactly what it is like." I glared at him seductively and licked my fingers clean.

I struggled to keep my hips still as my body grew excited and I thought to myself; 'Why does he play with my mind like this? Doesn't he know that it makes me immorally covet every bit of him?! It makes me want to do things.... dirty things. I want to play with his tongue! I want him to taste me.... to touch me... to spank me hard.'

Once we had finished, he brought me into the living room and gave me strict orders to wait on the couch with my eyes closed. I heard his feet run up and down the stairs in mere minutes.

"Alright, open your eyes."

Mads sat down beside me and gave to me a large white box with a royal blue bow on the top.

"What is it?" I asked.

"Open it and find out."

I opened the box and my face froze. Inside was an deep-maroon colored evening gown, illuminated with velvety lace and a plunging neckline.

"I went with a color that would suit your delicate skin tone and compliment your cherry-auburn hair." He twirled his fingers between each of my hair strands.

"Wha... H-How did you-"

"Valentino's a good friend."

My eyes grew three sizes and my jaw dropped past the floor.

"Valentino!? You had Valentino personally design a dress for me?"

"Yes." he said as if it were of no importance.

I shook my head in disbelief. "Wait... No. Valentino could not have possibly made an original dress overnight."

"Of course it wasn't made overnight. I called him Sunday and he had it delivered just yesterday."

"Sunday!?! We had only just met. How did you know that I would even so much as BE HERE with you, now?"

He scoffed, "Elise, I knew from the moment that you gave me an awkward 'hello' that we were going to become close to eachother. And while I was not certain that you would be with me on the occasion in which you would need such a dress, I did so anyway in the hopes that you would."

"But, how did you know my measurements?"

"Darling, it only took mere seconds before my eyes knew every curve on your body. Trust me, it was no issue."

He started to trace his hand up my thigh, but immediately pulled away once he had realized what he was doing.

"So.." he continued. "We only have but a few hours before we need to leave for our big appearance and you have an appointment as of..." He looked down to his watch and jumped up. "Shit! You have an appointment as of now! We'll never make it there and back in time. I'm just going to have ask Annabella make a housecall."

Big appearance? Appointment? Annabella? WHAT? WHEN? WHO? Ugghhhh!! Why is he always ten steps ahead of me?