Chapter 12: "Annabella"

*knock knock*

"That must be Annabella!" Mads ran to the door.

"Oh Annabella! Thank you so much for making a house call on such late notice. It truly means the world to me."

A petite Asian woman stood at the door with a suitcase nearly the same size as herself.

"Anything for you darling." she kissed his cheek.

Who was this lady and what was she doing with her lips on my Mads?!

"Now, where's our victim?" she maniacally glared into the distance.

"Elise! Come and meet Annabella, she is going to be taking good care of you."

I made my way from the staircase over to the woman and shook her hand.

"Oh Mads, she is absolutely divine!" She released her grip and grabbed the ends of my hair. "Look at these sun kissed locks! Boy, won't I have a field day with them. And oh those cheeks!! So freshly exquisite." She exclaimed while pinching my face.

Mads smiled, "Didn't I tell you that she was stunning? You two can get started whenever you'd like, but please don't over do it with the makeup, Annabella. She's utter perfection without it."

"Not a problem. Come now my dear, we haven't a moment to spare." Annabella yanked my arm and took me upstairs to the guest room.

"Sit." She ordered, as she had successfully set up an entire vanity from the endless supplies in her suitcase.

After two hours of having Annabella play with my hair and face, I changed into my Valentino dress without being given the chance to see myself in a mirror. She finished my look with some sheer laced heels and diamond ear studs.

"You look absolutely heavenly, my dear." Annabella put her hand over her mouth. "I'm so proud! I truly deserve more recognition for my work."

I put my hand on my chest. "Wait.. No necklace?"

Wow Elise, could that have sounded any more incredibly rude?

She whispered to me, "I was given strict instructions not to give you a necklace. Mads said that he has something special in mind." She took a few steps back and began to speak normally once again. "We mustn't make the poor man wait any longer; I'm sure that he's dying to see you. Let's go."

Mads was waiting in the living room, back to me, dressed to the nines in a 3-piece suit. His hair was combed back and his cologne was much stronger than usual. He was completely irresistible.

"Eh-hem!" Annabella fake coughed and instantly caught his attention as he turned around.

Mads widened his eyes and stared me up and down. "Oh Elise, min smukke fortryllende engel!"

He came to me and held me by my waist. "Breathtaking..." He shook his head and ran his hands up my shoulder blades. "You are the most beautiful creature that my eyes have ever been blessed enough to encounter. The intensity of your beauty and the bewitching force of your uncontainable elegance are enough to drive a man truly mad. I can find no words to elucidate just how sensationally extravagant you are.... It's going to be very difficult to keep my hands off of you this evening."

No man had ever spoken to me with such genuine sincerity. My heart was pounding rapidly; it took a prodigiously inhuman strength to keep me from ripping his clothes off and attacking his face with my own.

Before I could say anything, Mads pulled out a velvety black box from his inner coat pocket.

"I had wanted to wait until later to give this to you, but I don't think that I can wait a second more."

Mads opened the box and a million diamonds glistened as he exposed a necklace that, I swear, was more overwhelmingly spectacular than any other necklace in existence.

I gasped and put both hands over my freshly lipsticked mouth. Everything was so sudden and surreal, it felt like a never-ending dream.

"May I?" He asked politely. Such a perfect gentleman.

"Yes, you may." I turned, holding my softly curled hair above my neck.

He glazed his hands around my collarbone and carefully clasped the dazzling necklace together.

"You're just pure perfection, darling!" Annabella exclaimed from beside us.

Mads added in awe, "She is far beyond that."

I smiled, but remained silent, unable to find any words to say.

"Well darlings, I must be on my way. Things to do, people to fancy up!" Annabella turned to me, "Don't break too many hearts! And do keep Mads under control."

"Not likely." He said bluntly as he escorted her out the door.