Chapter 16: "Beer and Tobacco"

I adored the way he would say my name.... Especially in romantic situations, at an instance such as this. And the way that his eyes would glisten with passion after every simple gesture. I adored the careful silvery highlights that hid within his dark blond hair. Yet, what confused me most was my adoration for his youthful lips and how they made me want to cry; not because I was sad, or upset, or even overjoyed... but because their power overtook my control of emotion, leaving me with questions of senselessness.

"Yes." I answered simply and placed my hand in his.

He exposed his left arm and slipped it behind my lower waist, which sent several shivers down my spine. I put my right hand at rest on top of his tall, broad shoulder and let my fingers fall as our other two hands lingered within each other weightlessly. And with a few subtle movements, our feet began to move in sync as we traveled across the room in soft circles.

Nothing in life had ever equated to this moment at which all of my world was finally at blissful peace. As we moved, his eyes never once left mine; almost as if he were incapable of parting them away. My eyes grew glossy as I glared back at him and wondered what he could be thinking about as we danced silently.. enjoying nothing but each-other's warm company as the music went on. Mads caressed my lower back, swaying his palm up and down to the rhythm of the song, while never straying too far below. Everything about his touch was electrifying. I struggled to keep my thoughts and pelvis still as my breaths grew deeper.

Mads brought his face in close, as if he were going to finally kiss me right then and there, but turned and rested his cheek upon mine instead.

"Elise." He whispered.

His warm breath tickled my neck.

"When I'm with you, all of my worries seem to vanish. And honestly, that scares me more than you know." his voice started to shake.

I whispered back to him. "What's so scary about it?"

"Much like you, Elise, I don't like not knowing things and yet, even after all that I've gone through, you bring me happiness. It's so perplexing to me, I become fixated with your mind and understanding what makes you tick. I want to know everything about you.."

He paused as his words soothingly carried more and more sincerity. "I want to know what you think... what you see..... what you feel. I want y-"

He stopped himself, as if he were about to say something that his heart wanted, but his morality didn't.

After swallowing his words, he continued talking. "Elise, after having been drowning for so long, you remind me of what it feels like to finally breathe again. And for that, I am forever grateful to you."

His words made me feel so important. Like I had closed the door of life as I knew it and, quite literally, entered another... one that promised a life of everlasting happiness.

Yes! Here is where I will make my move..

I turned and lightly kissed his cheek, carefully sneaking my fingers from his shoulder onto his neck. It felt so pleasant and soft; I just wanted to burry my face into it and never stop suffocating him with my kisses.

Mads' cheeks turned a bright red as I felt his face simmering against my own. He pulled his face back and began spinning me as the tempo quickened. We continued as such until we neared the song's end, when Mads took me in his arms to finish with a final, classic dip.

I could feel my hair brushing across the ballroom floor as he held my body more near to his than ever before. He brought his lips inches away from my own and, just as I had closed my eyes and prepared myself for his embrace, he lifted his chin and kissed my forehead instead.

I couldn't help but give him a stirred look of confusion as he brought me back to my feet. What was it that kept him from me? Why was he so afraid to kiss me? My face grew cold as my heart ached with the knowledge that he had no romantic interest in me what-so-ever. Maybe this wasn't the door to everlasting happiness, but rather the door to never-ending agony.

"Did I do something wrong, Elise?"

My voice cracked as I tried to hold back tears. "No, I... I.... ... Excuse me for a moment."

I ran up the stairs and out onto the balcony to try and gather myself... but Mads followed right behind.

As soon as I reached the edge of the balcony, I lent over and wept, trying to still my hyperventilating chest.

"Elise! Elise!" I heard from behind as Mads caught up to me and wrapped me in his arms.

Yet, even while being held in the warmth of his body, I couldn't keep myself from crying profusely.

"Shhhhh... Shhhh.." He forced my head into his chest and caressed it; he continued to repeat himself until my obnoxious cries lessened into small whimpers. "Shhhh... Elise, calm down darling. Please tell me, what's the matter?"

"Mads, I-" I gathered myself and took my wet cheek away from his chest. "I am so sorry. I just, I don't think that I can go on with this any longer."

"Go on with what?"

"This... Us being 'Just Friends'. Mads, it's tearing me apart inside... More than you know."

"Oh Elise.. I-"

"I mean, even after the way that you lead me on before, it's like you continue to torture me on purpose."

"No! Elise, please let me explain."

"There's nothing to explain. I'm sorry Mads, but I just can't do it anymore. I don't think that we can continue being friends."

He took a large breath of air and released it while simply saying, "You're right."

What?

I paused in reassurance of his words. "I... I am?"

"Yes, Elise, you're right. We can't continue to be friends." Mads took my face into his hands and brought it close to his. "Because if we were 'just friends'... I couldn't do this."

In an instant, he shoved his lips right onto mine; which sent me into shock and made me lose my footing. Without parting our kiss, he picked me up and held me against the wall as he carefully introduced his tongue. I felt my lower back quiver with pleasure as he continued to taste me slowly... passionately... effortlessly. He was a Danish delight whose porcelain kiss traveled beyond my wildest dreams. I could taste the light accents of beer and tobacco on the tip of his tongue.. and as I slid further down his throat, he pushed my head deeper into his so that I could not only taste the godly perfection that was Mads Mikkelsen, but so that I could feel the vibrations of his closed, empowering moan travel through my body.

"Mmmm.." I moaned right back into his mouth, continuing to enjoy myself in the surreality of his kiss, until he released his grip and gasped for air.

"Elise... Elise, I need to have you right now." He nearly shouted with a frenzied look in his eye.

I could hardly keep still as I felt Mads' colossal erection striking through his pants and taunting my lower waist.

Oh God!

"Then take me." I answered back breathlessly, disregarding the entire basis behind our initial conversation.

His chest rapidly rose up-and-down as he yanked my arm, nearly tripping while bolting down the stairs. We ran outside and into the limo without so much as looking behind to give the palace a second glance.

Once in the limo, Mads couldn't keep his hands off of me. He buried his face into my cleavage, enjoying every inch of my skin, while managing to shriek out to the limo driver.

"Back to the hotel.. And step on it!"