Chapter 9: Lover's Downfall

A/N: Omg guys pumasok yung story natin sa top 1000 romance novels ng wattpad! #856 today! Please share and promote our story! Super thank you!! *hugs for everyone*

~

"Osige na, bababa ko na 'yung phone. I love you po." Leni gushed over the phone. "Osige, mamimiss kita agad." Bongbong replied. "Hmm!" She blushed. "Sige na, you might be tired already. Good night, mahal. I love you." He bid before they hang up.

Bongbong felt so ecstatic upon realizing how much in love he was with Leni and how much she loves him back. He never expected that after all these years, someone would come and make him feel what love is. He valued her, treasured her, she was everything to him.

"Alam mo, Leni, until now, I don't like that Bongbong for you. Wala parin akong tiwala diyan sa lalakeng yan." Leila expressed. "Ate naman, 'wag mo na pagdudahan si Bongbong." Leni requested politely. "Nag-aalala lang naman ako sayo e, nagdududa lang ako na matapos ka niyang sira sirain noon, bigla ka niyang mahal na ngayon? Come on. Baka pinaglololoko ka lang niyan." She speculated. "Hindi naman, tsaka sampung buwan na yata or one year na ang nakakalipas since the election. Magmove on na tayo. Besides, I've been with him for a year already, alam kong sincere siya, nararamdaman ko." She defended him.

"Hay nako. Wala naman akong bearing sa desisyon mo diyan kay Bongbong since feelings mo naman ang involved diyan pero sana lang maging weary ka. Baka kase invest ka ng invest ng emosyon para sa maling tao." She refuted.

"Ate, okay lang ako. Don't worry, he's the one. I know it. I feel it. Hayaan mo na lang kami." Leni assured politely.

"Oo nga girl. Sobrang in love na in love ka na yata kay Bongbong, mag-iwan ka rin sa sarili mo ha." Risa supported. "Ikaw pa naman ang baby girl namin dito. Mapapaaway talaga kami kapag sinaktan ka niyan." She followed.

Leni smiled. "Salamat. Salamat sainyo, the best talaga kayo." She replied and hugged them.

Leni woke up early the next day, she went to the living room and opened the television to watch some flicks. She plugged the Beatles concert DVD and watched it with the thought of Bongbong at the back of her mind — he is such a huge fan of Beatles and their favorite song together was Love Me Do. In the midst of watching, her eyes passed by the photo booth photos of her and Bongbong magnetized on her refrigerator, it brought smile to her lips, she sort of missed him.

She continued watching the concert with a bowl of Cheetos on her hands, as it ended, she switched into a certain channel.

A news flash appeared reporting about her. She was stunned for a moment and listened carefully to the news.

"...kampo ng Liberal Party at ni Leni Robredo na di umanoy, nandaya sa nakaraang election..."

The news made her feel extremely bothered again. It has been a long time since that news faded out and the media left her at peace but then here it is again.

"...at ito ay napatunayan through a voice recording na mismong si Leni Robredo ang nagsasalita..."

The voice recording played over the television. She was stoned for a moment, she was guilty of being the one talking over the recording, she knew it was her voice despite the slightly low quality of the audio as she always crack that statement when she jokes about her cheating to Bongbong. She didn't notice that her hand was covering her mouth again in astonishment of the sudden news outbreak. She wasn't holding her phone but she knew people might have been messaging and calling her already about it but then, it wasn't the thing that bothered her, it's the fact that she said those words on the recorded audio while she was with Bongbong, she was quite sure of it.