Chapter 6: Mother-in-Law

For over ten months of their lie low and media avoiding relationship, Leni and Bongbong's relationship just got stronger and more serious, hence, Leni still never felt very confident of herself. She still felt extremely intimidated of his mother whom she never met in real life yet since she became his girlfriend. On the other side, Bongbong has seen his relationship with Leni as something serious, he knew it wasn't just a fling as he already saw their future together; with it, he wanted to introduce her to his family.

Bongbong already introduced her to his siblings already and it brought a large relief in her to be liked and accepted by them as their brother's girlfriend. They even remarked her as the prettiest Marcos in the future and the sweetest one which made her feel at ease being with them. Bongbong attempted to seek Leni's permission for a multiple times already about him introducing her to his mother, however, Leni requested some more time from him as she still wasn't ready to meet his mother yet with the sense that she won't like her very much for him.

Bongbong brought Leni into their family's private rest house near the coast in Batangas to celebrate their so called 7th monthsary. He prepared a special dinner for her as he always had a heart for cooking and she always loved his cooking. After having some intimate dinner together, they watched some romantic movies and snuggled each other.

He held her close with his arms wrapped around her while she hugged him as they watched a movie. After a while, Leni felt him playing her hand filling the gaps of her fingers with his, she looked up to him and smiled. "Mahal, I've been thinking..." He began, "we've been together for seven months... I courted you for like three months, don't you think it's time for me to introduce you to mama?" He brought up the topic once again.

She looked into his eyes and saw his determination and wish. "I mean, para naman makilala ka niya. Para legal na lahat 'di ba?" He added, she sighed as anxiety swallowed her again.

"Mahal, kase... I want to, kaya lang, natatakot kase ako e." She confessed. "Bakit naman? Hindi naman nangangagat si mama." He chuckled and kissed the back of her hand. "Hindi, kase... What if she doesn't like me? Papano kung hindi niya ako magustuhan or may masabi ako na hindi niya matipuhan?" She felt paranoid.

"Mahal naman, relax. Magugustuhan ka ni mama for sure, besides, I love you so much and she loves everyone that I love." He comforted her. "Kinakabahan lang kase ako e." She stated. "Sige na please? I'll be on your side when I introduce you to her so you have nothing to worry. Hindi kita iiwan." He assured and kissed her forehead.

"Sige na nga." She stated enthralling him. "Talaga?!" He enthused. "Oo na," she giggled. "Matitiis ko ba yung mahal ko?" She followed and pinched his nose. He couldn't explain the sudden bliss that rushed over his body upon her permission, he always wanted to introduce her to his mother and soon, it's happening already.

Days later, Bongbong and Leni finally visited Imelda at the comfort of their home.

"Hello, ma." He greeted and kissed her cheek while Leni stood politely behind him. "Who do we have here?" Imelda asked despite that she knew who she was.

"Uh, Leni, si mama."
"Ma, Leni, my girlfriend." He introduced them to each other. "Hello po." She politely shook her hand still intimidated by her.

"So the rumors were true. You're dating my son." She brought up. "Ah, opo." Leni retorted shyly.

"Anyways, I'll head to the kitchen, mag-usap muna kayo, bond, I'll call you both if the food is served." He sounded so thrilled as he headed to the kitchen.

They sat on the couch, Imelda felt how intimidated she was with her with her posture and the way she sits down.

"So, Leni Robredo, right?" She asked. "Yes po." She smiled. "Aside from being the vice president of the country, I don't really know much about you. Tell me about yourself." She began the conversation. She started asking her about her educational background and her family's background.