Chapter 4: If We Fall In Love

"Bumibisita ka ba sa mga orphanage? Yung mga charity haven?" Leni asked as she strolled at the mall with Bongbong during his 3rd month of courting her.

"Oo naman, 'di naman yata matatanggal yan sa isang politician." He replied. "Ba't mo natanong?" He followed.

"Eh pupunta kase ako bukas sa Pasig, bibisitahin ko yung lagi kong pinupuntahan na cancer kids haven doon." She shared. "Anong haven 'yan?" He asked as it seemed familiar to him.

"Secret Paradise Haven? Alam mo yon?" She stated. "Ah! Oo, donator na ako doon since 2001. Bumibisita rin ako doon once in a while." He shared.

"Talaga? Eh di samahan mo nalang ako bukas!" She sounded so thrilled. He saw the sincere excitement in her eyes, despite that he is ought to meet his party that day, he decided to cancel it to be with her at the haven visit.

The nuns at the haven warmly welcomed the two as they arrived, they have been a few of their consistent donators. The kids were all thrilled to see them visiting them.

"Mama!" Sophie exclaimed and ran to Leni for a tight hug. After a while, Bongbong went closer to them amused by how the young girl was so fond of Leni.

"Hello po," She greeted Bongbong as she hugged Leni. "Hello, pretty girl." He had his warm approach, Sophie looked up to Leni and smiled. "Do you know him? He is mama's friend." Leni informed her. "Hello mama's friend." She greeted him humbly, Bongbong couldn't deny how he found the kid so adorable.

"Pwede ko po ba kayong tawaging papa?" She asked bringing chuckles to the two. Bongbong kneeled down and pinched her chin. "Gusto mo ba akong papa?" He asked, she nodded. "Tanong mo muna sa mama mo kung, okay lang." He told the child.

"Aba, ginamit pa ang bata." Leni jested. "Please, mama. Gusto ko po ng papa." Sophie pleaded, Leni grunted facetiously. "Sige na nga," she conceded and watched Sophie be filled with enthusiasm hugging Bongbong.

The two sat under the tree at the playground as they watched the kids play. Suddenly, Sophie ran to them sweating. Leni immediately wiped her sweats with her kerchief and it was inevitable for him not to get amused by her sweetness and care for others — she was definitely a down to earth kind of girl.

"Bakit po kayo nakatingin kay mama?" Sophie asked upon noticing how Bongbong was gazing at Leni. "Ha?" He laughed upon realizing how he was busted.

"Ang ganda kase ng mama mo e." He stated, Leni concealed her blushing with an eye roll, Sophie squealed.

"Love niyo po ba si Mama?" She asked excited for his answer. "Sophie, ikaw ha, ang dami mong tanong." Leni tapped her nose playfully. "Oo naman, siya kaya love rin ako?" He asked. "Ewan ko sa'yo, Bong." Leni interrupted. "Maglaro ka na doon, anak." She told Sophie.

"Ikaw, kung ano anong tinuturo mo sa bata." She scolded him wittily. "Wala akong ginagawa ha." He laughed. "Iniinform ko lang yung anak natin." He enjoyed saying it. "Anak talaga natin?" She ridiculed. "Mama ka niya diba? Tapos papa niya ako." He flashed a snarky smile. "Required for commitment na tayo kase may anak tayo. Para sa kinabukasan ni Sophie." He raised his eyebrows.

"Ah ganon?" She countered. "Kung akala mo mapapasagot mo ako sa mga segway mong ganyan, pwes nagkakamali ka." She followed. "Grabe naman 'to. Parang three months na kitang nililigawan, kulang pa ba 'yon?" He chuckled as he wasn't even used to courting.

"Aba? Nagreklamo pa," she tapped his face. "Eh, ano bang dapat ko gawin para sagutin mo ako?" He asked. "Magbuwis buhay ka muna." She joked.

"Eh, papano kung matuluyan ako? Eh di namiss mo naman ako?" He countered. "Alam mo ikaw, ang dami mong alam. Sayang wala akong piso, bibigay ko sana sayo para makahanap ka ng kausap mo." She rolled her eyes and brought back her sight to the kids playing. Bongbong discreetly looked at her face for quite a while appreciating it.