Chapter 3: Hard Girl

Early in the morning, Bongbong waited for Leni to arrive in the office, he finished his quick works to have enough time to flirt around with her the whole day.

"Oh, Bongbong, what brought you here?" She stated immediately upon spotting him. "Paki pasok naman po sa loob, susunod nalang po ako." She handed her things to her assistant. "Nagpo-po ka talaga sa employees mo?" He chuckled. "Oo naman, mutual respect lang." She replied. "

"So what brought you here?" She asked. "Uh, well. I was actually... Do you have plans today? Or tasks to do?" He asked. "Wala naman but I'm not sure, actually. Baka magpatawag ng meeting si Digong anytime today. Why?" She replied.

"Oh... I was actually thinking of inviting you for a lunch... Or dinner." He shared hesitantly. She forced a sincere smile at him, "would you like to come inside?" She asked him, her statement sounded a bit double in meaning. "My office. Come inside my office." She clarified upon realizing how that went wrong in a bit. "Okay..." He replied and they went inside.

As soon as they earned privacy after she closed the door next to them, she immediately confronted him. "What are you trying to pull off here?" She asked. "What do you mean?" He smiled.

"Well, the roses, then lagi kang nandito everyday, then now this, lunch and dinner." She tried to give him a hint. "I'm not assuming things but I just want to clarify para naman aware din ako kung bakit mo ginagawa 'to." She followed.

He sighed and chuckled. "Sa tingin mo bakit ko ba ginawagawa 'to?" He asked. "I asked you first." She retorted.

"Fine. Maybe this is also the perfect time to ask you." He puzzled in. "Ask me what?" She pondered.

"I'm obviously interested into knowing. Gusto kitang ligawan." He confessed, she was speechless for quite a moment.

Suddenly she started to laugh making him feel a bit uncomfortable. "May nakakatawa ba?" He asked. "You're kidding, right?" She jested. "No, I'm not." He forced a smile finding her response quite unexpected.

"Inaway away mo ako noon tapos liligawan mo ako ngayon? Seriously, Bongbong?" She continued laughing. "I'm serious." He assured and waited for her laughter to fade.

"Okay, fine pero I really don't think I can go out with your for a lunch or dinner today so mas mabuti sigurong mag-invite ka nalang ng iba." She suggested. "No, I want you." He retorted. "Well, I really can't." She flashed a cocky smile at him as she felt the need to play with him assuming he's trying to play with her.

For another attempt few days after, Bongbong asked her out again for a lunch but this time she didn't have any reason to reject him. "Great! Saan mo ba gusto kumain?" He asked. "Kahit saan." She retorted sounding not thrilled. "Saan yang kahit saan?" He joked. "Ang corny mo." She chuckled, suddenly she thought of an idea to challenge him.

"Seriously, do you want Italiani's? Cibo? Highlands? Ano bang craving mo?" He asked thinking that she would be impressed by his luxurious suggestions. "My treat." He followed. "Wow, generous. Nakakain ka na ba sa Sally's?" She asked. "Sally's? Saan yon?" He haven't heard about it yet. She smiled brightly and brought him; thrilled of his reaction.

"Hello ma'am Leni!" The people greeted her as they entered the small canteen nearby — it was Digong and Alan who taught her about the delicious cheap food canteen.

"Hello!" She flashed a bright smiles at them. "Dito mo gusto kumain?" Bongbong asked a bit weirded out by her restaurant choice, she found his reaction funny. "Yes, dito kami laging kumakain nila Digong at Alan, sila nagturo saakin dito." She replied and took a her spoon and fork from the container and started checking out the foods available.