Chapter 12: SONA 2018

It has been over a year since Leni and Bongbong decided to separate ways. Leni dated Antonio after her break up with Bongbong but she eventually ended it upon realizing that she clearly cannot imagine her future with him.

Bongbong stopped nagging her in guilt of hurting her again despite that he still wants to fight for her. Within the months of being away with each other, he heard the rumors of different public figures, trying to woo Leni, congressmen, senators and others, it made him feel insecure; something he isn't used of feeling about. However, a part of him accepted the fact that he no longer has a chance.

Imelda was just about to head down to the living room when he saw Bongbong's laptop screen flashing his photos with Leni, he seemed to have left it off while looking at their photos together. In a moment, he came back to the living room from the kitchen after making some sandwich for himself.

"You're still not over that girl, aren't you?" She began a conversation, Bongbong had a hint that she saw his photos, he just chuckled.

"You know son, there are still a lot of women out there. Hindi lang siya ang nag-iisang babae sa mundo." She tried to enlighten him, he smiled weakly as he didn't find it helpful.

"But I want her. Siya lang, ma." He retorted, Imelda was amused to hear it from him, he looked at her. "You know when dad said that when he saw you, he knew you were the one? That's exactly what I felt when I was with Leni. I knew she was the one," he followed. "Kaya lang pinakawalan ko pa. Nandiyan na e, nawala pa." He faked a laugh.

For once, Imelda felt his son hurting over a woman and it bothered her at some points, he knew he was amateur with such aspect as it was her first to time to even witness her own son fall in love deeply with someone.

"People come and go. You have to understand that concept of life. If they are meant to stay, they will stay, otherwise, they'll just be a part of your memory and maybe teach you a lesson." She enlightened him.

He sighed. "Pero alam ko na naman na wala ng chance. It's been like a year since we broke up, ang tagal na rin. Besides, ang dami naring nanliligaw sakanya, I doubt she still thinks of me. Nasaktan ko siya noon, this must be the consequence of my mistake." He shared.

"Leni will come back if she really loves you and if she's really the one for you. If not, then you have to accept it. You can't live forever waiting for someone who isn't coming back." She added.

"Oo naman, ma... Ang hirap lang tanggapin. Sobrang minahal ko kase siya e. We've been together for over one year, I still remember how I courted her for three months before, it was such a challenge but it's all worth it. It felt like forever." He reminisced.

Imelda chuckled, she couldn't explain why, despite that Leni and her son broke up for over a year already, she felt like they would still be the ones ending up together. She was uncertain of it but that's what she felt, all she could wish now is that her instincts were correct.

"Sabi nga nila 'di ba, walang forever." She quoted the juvenile generation making Bongbong laugh.

"Bongets," Martin and Grace entered his office. "Oh? Napadaan kayo?" He was amused with their sudden presence.

"Uy, kapatid!" He facetiously greeted Grace. "Kapatid!" She greeted back and shook his hand. Martin found it hard to formulate how to begin telling him about the news they just heard.

"Bakit nga kayo napadaan?" Bongbong asked again. Grace looked at Martin, "Ikaw na magsabi." He passed to her. "Bakit ako? Ikaw na!" She countered.

"Eh kung ako nalang kaya?" Bongbong threw a sarcasm. "Ano nga 'yon?" He asked, Martin finally had the courage to speak. "Aattend ka ng SONA 'di ba?" Martin assured.