Chapter 8: Little Quarrels

Bongbong fetched Leni early from her house to bring her out for a date to celebrate their anniversary as a couple. She was busy browsing her social sites on her phone when she suddenly passed through a photo that got her to look twice. It was a photo of Bongbong at a party with his ex, Louise. Despite that he asked for her permission to allow him to go to the party last night, it was inevitable for her not to get jealous of her, besides, Bongbong didn't tell her that she would be there at the first place. The more that it made her feel jealous after realizing that he didn't leave any message or calls since she said good night to him last night.

Suddenly, she became quiet. "San mo gusto kumain? Chinese cuisine? Italian? Japanese? Ano?" He asked and held her hand as he stopped before the traffic light. "Kahit saan." She retorted coldly. "Ayan nanaman yung kahit saan. Saan ba yang restaurant na yan?" He joked but she didn't even smile.

"May problema ba?" He asked as he felt sensitive with her sudden coldness. It took her a while before she had the courage to bring it up. "Nasa party pala si Louise kagabi." He finally knew why she was acting cold.

"Ah, oo, I didn't expect her to be there too." He chuckled. "May picture pa kayo sa instagram." She added and looked straight at the road. "Nagseselos ka ba?" He asked with a laughing tone to ease the tension but she seemed quite serious. "Uy, sorry I didn't tell you about it immediately pero wala naman 'yun e." He explained and kissed her hand flashing a sweet smile to her but she refused to look.

"Bakit hindi ka tumawag saakin kagabi? Not even a message." She questioned, he was guilty as charged for missing to text her. "Sorry, sobrang napagod lang ako kagabi..." He retorted. "I mean, sa party. I got tired, napaidlip ako sandali kaso dumiretso na sa tulog." He clarified, she still won't look at him.

"Mahal, wag ka na magalit." He pinched her chin but she removed his hand away. "Bong naman kasi e." She blamed him for her sudden jealousy. "Sorry na, sige na, it's my fault. I should have told you, I shouldn't have had a photo with her kaso mapilit siya eh, gwapong gwapo yata saakin hanggang ngayon." He joked.

"Bong naman e, alam mo naman na hindi ako comfortable having Louise around you, tapos ito pa ang makikita ko today. Tapos sasabayan mo pa ng hindi pagtetext saakin. Anong gusto mong isipin ko?" She complained. "Jusko naman, you don't have to be jealous, there's clearly nothing to be jealous about, Leni." He retorted hating the fact that she is questioning his faithfulness.

Leni has always been wary of Louise,she's an Araneta, someone from a rich and powerful family and she was also his ex. She always made her feel insecure.

"Tsaka 'yon? Pinagseselosan ba yon? Ikaw nga yung mahal ko 'di ba?" He followed trying his best not to get mad. "Ang hirap kasing maniwala agad, alam mo 'yon? Louise yan e, Araneta yan e, ex mo yan e," she began. "Eh ako? Sino ba ako compared sa elitista mong ex?" She brought up her point. "She's an ex na nga diba? She's an ex for a reason and I am here with you. This is not even a worthy topic to argue about, sus naman Leni." He refuted confident of his faithfulness to her.

With the annoyed tone in his voice, she felt so small; it came to her like she didn't have the right to be jealous and it hurts her.

"Balik mo nalang ako sa bahay, please." She requested. "Bakit? Leni naman. Let's not make a big deal out of this." He replied. "Kung ayaw mo, itigil mo nalang yung kotse. Bababa ako." She counter offered. "Leni, come on. Hindi kita iiwanan sa kalsada." He retorted.

"Magtataxi ako pauwi. Just stop the car." She insisted, in distaste to argue with her, he just drove her back to her house not wanting her to have the need to take the taxi anymore.

As soon as they arrived at her place, she immediately went down of his car without uttering any word, he immediately followed her down. "Leni, don't get mad at me. Leni-" She shut the gate close to him, he tiptoed to peek at the low height of the gate to see her.