Chapter 13: Limitations

A/N: We went up again to #431 on wattpad charts!! Last two chapters left and the story is donee!! I cannot believe that we garnered this amount of reads and position on wattpad charts! Happy reading!

~

"Vice Leni, may bisita po kayo." Her assistant informed her as she was reviewing some bills at her office during a dead afternoon. "Sino daw po?" She asked without any hint of thrill or interest.

"Si Madam Imelda Marcos po." She informed taking up her full attention. She was stunned for a moment, she stood up. "Imelda Marcos? As in... Bakit daw po?" She stammered. "Wala naman pong nabanggit ma'am. Gusto lang daw po kayong makausap." She retorted, Leni felt a but overwhelmed as she didn't expect her to come for a visit.

"Sige po, papasukin niyo nalang po." She instructed her and sat back on her seat as she waited for her to enter her office.

"Good afternoon po," she immediately greeted and shook her hand as she entered, Imelda reciprocated her handshake and had a cheek to cheek with her. Leni guided her and offered her a seat in front of her desk before she went to the other side to take a seat.

"Napadaan po kayo." She stated a bit nervous to speak to her. "Yes. I came here to talk to you, iha." She replied trying to begin a warm start. Leni was uncertain of why and how they'll start a talk but she had a hint of what it was about.

"Sa tingin ko naman ay alam mo kung sino ang pag-uusapan natin ngayon." Imelda began, Leni bowed her head a bit. "Uhm, actually I'm surprised..." She uttered thinking that she would encourage him to continue staying away from Bongbong. "Well it's about Bongbong." She replied.

Imelda took a deep breath and looked blankly on the floor. "It's very unusual for me to talk to someone like this but I knew I had to, for my son." She followed. Leni still felt badly intimidated by her, she didn't know how to respond so she chose to remain silent and just listen carefully.

"First of all, I'd like to apologize for my horrible treatment to you the first time we met, when Bongbong introduced you to me." She apologized. "It's okay, tita. Naiintindihan ko naman po na you only want the best for your son." Leni replied. "Ayoko lang ng nag-iinvest ng affection sa mga temporary people, I didn't treat you well because I was informed that having you as his girlfriend was just part of the plan, you do know that, right?" She added. "Opo..." She nodded weakly.

"But that evening, Bongbong told me that it was no longer part of their plan. He told me that he is serious about you already, honestly, it amused me. I told him that if he's really serious about you, then I'll make it up to you next time, unfortunately we weren't given the chance." She spilled, it was something that Leni haven't heard about.

"Honestly, I am very amused by how you made Bongbong affectionate. Ever since you became his girlfriend, he would come to me, so excited to tell me about his day with you, about you and about how he is so happy with you and lately, he told me na nagpropose na pala siya sayo noon." She shared, Leni smiled softly, the stories that Imelda shared brought a slight prickle on her chest.

"Tita... Alam naman po natin na nangyari parin yung plano nila noon. It's not that I'm disapproving your stories po pero baka po kase na-intoxicate lang si Bongbong noon, kaya ganon siya nung kami pa po." She refuted politely as she didn't want to open herself to expectations again.

Imelda chuckled making Leni a bit nervous thinking she didn't like the way she responded. "Leni, trust me, that's what I had in mind too way back before. Pero hindi naman siguro tatagal ang intoxication ng isang tao for one whole year because honestly, he is still in love with you until now." She blurted out making Leni be struck by the big words she used. "I tried to scold him for being so into you but he seems so sure of what he wants." She added.