Chapter 11: Not Good Enough

A/N: Omg, I have to let y'all know that we went up to #499 of Wattpad charts!!!! I would like to thank those who constantly support, share and tweet our story especially those who uses #TaintedTrust hashtag on twitter! Hope yu continue to tweet and share our story!!! You guys are so amazing! Thank you so so so so much!

Right after the issue between Leni and Bongbong went down, Bongbong decided to talk to Leni once again and explained what really happen. Leni is still hesitant about talking to him, but then she decided to listen for a bit — maybe it's time to wake up her mind and she badly needed it anyway.

After a lot of explanations that Bongbong uttered, Leni didn't say anything at all. She just listened but refused to respond, he felt like all his words were wasted, but at least in his mind, he did his part.

"May sasabihin ka pa ba?" Leni asked him after suppressing her tears from rolling down. He wanted to tell her how much he missed her and how much it kills him every time it sink into him that he already lost her.

"Leni, I know I've caused you a lot of trouble, pain and tears... pero wala na ba talaga tayong pag-asa?" Bongbong said with sadness in his voice. Leni did feel again the burden, the pain that she endured ever since they placed an end to their relationship.

"Nanahimik ako, ginawa ko ang mga dapat gawin para lumabas at malinaw kung ano 'yung dapat, alam ko na baka iniisip mo tumigil na ako, sumuko na ako pero Leni, hindi ako tumigil sa pagmamahal sa'yo..." He continued.

"Bongbong please, tama na—," Leni tried to stop him. "Maraming nagsasabi na malabo na daw na maibalik 'yung sa atin, a part me wants to believe pero hindi ko kayang sumuko, Leni." He felt a string of pain on his chest. "Lahat ng pinakita ko sa'yo, sinabi ko sa'yo nung tayo pa, totoo yun. Hindi 'yun palabas lang, God knows kung gaano kita minahal, Leni..." Tears made his eyes glisten in sorrow.

"I am willing to wait for you to recover. Alam ko galit ka sa akin at alam ko din na hindi na kagaya ng dati yung nararamdaman mo. Pero naniniwala parin ako na ikaw yung babaeng para sa akin." He confided. "Leni, please... Can we give it another try? Pangako, hindi na kita sasaktan ulit..." He said as he kneeled on front of her holding her hands. She refused to look at him in the eye as it was one of her weakness.

"Bong, hindi ganon kadali 'yang hinihingi mo, natatakot ako na baka kapag minahal na naman kita maulit nanaman lahat," Leni answered him, causing his tears to roll down, he immediately wiped it off as he didn't want her to think he was acting it out. Leni saw it making her struggle not to cry.

"I am not rushing you, alam kong mahirap patawarin yung nagawa ko, 'yung mga sakit na dinala ko sa'yo pero Leni, sana 'wag mo naman ako pagbawalan na patuloy kang mahalin, ikaw lang 'yung minahal ko ng ganito e." After that, Bongbong stood up, seeing Leni in his eyes, he hugged her. He felt the solace, that he never felt to anyone.

Leni — still in shock and couldn't say anything but she didn't reciprocate the hug. Maybe the heart is still stronger than your mind, she said to her self. However, she was still aching, she wasn't ready to forgive yet.

She can't deny the fact that she still loves him, she's still in love with him. Maybe they just need time, time to heal everything and to put away things that hurts them.

"Bong." She said. He broke from the hug and looked at her. "Hayaan mo na ako." She uttered with a weak voice. "'Wag mo na ako pahirapan..." She sounded so hurting.

Bongbong saw it as her way of telling him that there is really no more chance. He tried to smile and bid goodbye, maybe giving themselves time to mend their broken-hearts.

"If that's what makes you happy... hindi na kita guguluhin pero maghihintay ako... And sana isang araw... Sana, maptawad mo rin ako." He uttered as his goodbye. She suppressed her tears from rolling down her cheeks until he left.