Chapter 9: Meeting Scott's Cousin

Edited this chapter. Feel free to point out any mistakes.

Angelique's P.O.V.

After a short make out session and some breakfast we packed and got ready to go to the lake house. Scott said that his cousin and his cousin's girlfriend are there and if we're lucky enough I'll meet them.

"So why is your cousin at the lake house?" I asked shifting in the car seat to look at him.

"Every summer they go up there to spend a whole week there, we all do. Well those in the McNally family does. His mom, my aunt is a McNally and the cabin was built for the purpose of summer fun. My Grandfather said that all his grandchildren has to spend at least one or two weeks there with their parents. So it's been a tradition. The house is big enough to house the whole McNally family and more. It has over thirty six bedrooms, each with a bathroom. A massive dining room and kitchen and a very tiny living room to force us to go outside," he explained. Wow that sound huge, my family never had something like this. Mainly because I was the youngest and didn't get that privilege.

"Was it fun every time you went out there?" I wanted to know.

"Yes until we my teenage years. My brother and I started fighting more, my father got mad at me every time I didn't want to do what he wanted and my mother was sick too often. Everything just fell apart," he replied.

"Is your mom still alive?" I asked.

"Yes she's still very much alive, she's just a bit depressed. She's been trying to stop the feud between my brother, my father and I for years but has been unsuccessful," he said looking at me before looking back at the road.

"Oh well at least you got to experience something I never did," I replied looking out the window.

"Why did you never experience this?" He asked frowning.

"My older siblings got this experience. I was born really late into the family that my parents never had time for me, well only to hit me and pester me about my posture. My brother and sisters made great memories going to the beach house every summer with friends and I was home doing extra volunteer hours and more work from school because Ben went to Europe every summer and I had nothing and no one. I did however make memories of my own with all the people I worked with," I smiled to myself. Those were the best memories I ever made.

"So your knight and shining armor wasn't always there to protect you," Scott muttered looking kind of pissed off. Well the mood certainly changed fast.

"Ben might not have always been there but I kept myself safe when he was gone. Luckily my dad went on business trips a lot during the summer so he was rarely home," I explained staring out the window.

"You and Ellen are so much alike, she loved helping people and she wasn't one the spotlight. All she wanted to be and all she was, was an ordinary amazing person," he stated smiling as he recalls the memory.

"How did you meet?" I turned my full attention to him.

"She worked at the gym I went to for training. She was the daughter of my boxing couch and she kicked my ass at a boxing match once. I just couldn't stay away from her. We had a small wedding, we were married for two years when she found out she was pregnant. On the day Lucas was born things went south. She started bleeding and then her heart stopped, I has to make a difficult choice, save her and kill Lucas or save Lucas and kill her. The Doctor told me that Ellen's chances of survival was slim, she had already lost too much blood and they don't even know if they could get her heart beating again. I chose Lucas, it would have been what she wanted," he replied glancing at me.

"She sounds like an amazing person. I'm sorry for your loss," I said staring back out the window.
We drove for a couple me hours before we reached our destination. The place looks absolutely spectacular and I couldn't believe the size of it. As we got out of the car we were greeted by two younger people.