Chapter 16- Angelique

Edited this chapter. Feel free to point out any mistakes.

Scott's P.O.V.

Everyone was starting to file into the training room all finding a place to sit or stand around the fighting mat. Grandpa McNally left right after dinner with apologies for not staying to watch my match against Angelique. Ben was still here due to Angelique's request not to send him back to New York. I wish I could beat the crap out of him but I'll do anything to please my wife and sadly I'm forbidden to do anything to that asshole. Everytime I looked up he'd be smirking at me, he knew he was pissing me off and it's just a matter of time before I kick his ass.

"Everyone please settle down," I ordered speaking loudly to our gathering audience.

"I would like to introduce myself since I didn't get a chance to do so earlier at dinner. I'm Scott McNally, eldest grandson of Grandpa McNally. I'm taking over here while he takes over in New York at HQ. Don't worry you'll be perfectly safe with me. All the rules and routines remain the same as before nothing has changed. I'd like to welcome all of you, to watch a match between me and my wife. Loser gets to give the winner anything they desire." I announced getting a lot of cheers from our small group. Angelique came in only wearing short shorts and a sports bra. Her hair was in a french braid and she looked ready to win this. With what she was wearing I was starting to wonder if I'd be able to concentrate.

Ben was behind her with his arm around her shoulder smirking as our eyes met. The fucking bastard, he's only here to piss me off. I glare at him. I pulled my shirt off getting ready to go against my wife.

"Now remember, you're not allowed to let the other person win. Let's make this a fair game," Shelly stated as she looked at me and Angelique. We nodded at each other and she stepped off the mat. The bell sounded indicating the match started.

I decided to make the first move stepping forward and swinging a left hook at Angie but she saw it coming. She dodged it and landed a hard punch in my stomach. She then went for a kick but I grabbed her leg smirking at her. She flipped around onto her hands and the flipped again swinging her other leg hitting me in the jaw. I let go of her as I was caught off guard not expecting her to have gotten out of thar so quickly.

I stepped forward again and this time landing a punch under her ribcage causing her to stumble back coughing as she struggled to catch her breath. She quickly got back to her original stance as I kicked her but she quickly blocked it and delivered a painful blow to my upper leg. I rubbed the sore spot for a second before getting back to formation. I punched her a few times but she delivered more forceful blows to me than I'd expected from her. She was tiring me out and it would me a matter of time before she would finally have kicked my ass. I was currently holding her with her back to my chest smiling because she couldn't move. But I underestimated her because she stomped my foot, elbowed me in the stomach and head budded me making me release her. I decided to go for a round house kick but she dodged it doing a back flip. She then ran towards me and jumped as high as her short legs allowed her to. I caught her before realizing my mistake, she locked her arms around my neck and using momentum swung around making me fall forward as she pussed me down into the mat. She sat down on my back pinning my arm behind my back that if I got out of this hold my arm would be broken.

I have a bad habit of underestimating her. Grandpa McNally has trained her well and I can see she's battle ready.

"We have a winner, everyone give it up for Angelique McNally!" Shelly grabbed her hand letting her get off of me. I smiled at her grabbing her and pulled her towards me placing a kiss on her lips. I was a lucky man to have a wife as beautiful as her.

-☆-☆-☆-☆-
Ben's P.O.V.

Just watching them being happy together made my heart ache. I mean I've know Angelique my whole life and then this guy just takes her away due a fucking contract. He beat the shit out of her and now their in love, I call that Bullshit. He doesn't love her, I love her, I've always loved her she was just always too oblivious. That bastard she calls a husband will never be a loving man in my eyes. He can apologize over and over for what he's done but his actions haven't changed. He's still cold hearted and I'm waiting for the day he'll break and hit Angelique. She'll come running back to me and I'll be waiting with open arms.

I glared at Scott's figure as he kissed Angelique she looked at him, love clear in her eyes. I can't look at them anymore, maybe I should just give this whole thing up. She's worth the fight, she truly is but there is no fight if her heart belongs to someone else. Scott may not deserve her but she's happy with him. She loves him and there's nothing I'm able to do about that.

I got up from my spot and walked up to my room. I decided to pack my bags and get a piece of paper from the desk in the room. I sat down and started writing a letter addressed to Angelique. If I'm lucky enough I can leave before Grandpa McNally does. I noticed his car was still here so I hope I'd be able to catch a ride back to New York with him. I finished up my letter folded it up and slipped it into an envelope. I grabbed my bag and walked to Angelique's room. I slipped the letter underneath her door and left the house. Grandpa McNally was waiting outside by the car.

"How did you know I'd show?" I was confused. There's no possible way of him knowing I'd ask to go with him.

"You remind me of my brother. He fell in love with his best friend but she too were married to another man. He couldn't stand seeing them together so he left, ran away and I haven't seen him since. I later learned that he changed his name and had two daughters. His eldest daughter married your father and well here you are. History is repeating itself," he stated smiling knowingly.

"Who did my grandfather fall in love with?" I asked as I put my stuff in the back.

"My wife was his best friend, but she fell in love with me just as I fell in love with her. You see Scott reminds me of me. I used to be just like him when I was his age. It's the reason I've trusted to have him take over the gang. I'll help you leave but don't cut yourself off from Angelique. You'll break her heart and she'll never be the same, she has put her trust in you for so long that if you break it now she might never trust again," he explained.

"You speak from experience?" I asked getting into the car.

"Yes, Grandma McNally was depressed for quite some time. She wasn't happy until our first child was born. She nearly had a miscarriage due to the fact that she wouldn't eat or sleep. Don't let that happen to Angelique. You'll find a girl to love just like your Grandpa has," he said driving out of the gates.

"I won't do that to her but right now I need space to get over her. It's just for a little while," I assured him.

"Good," he replied and we drove in a comfortable silence for the rest of the way. I never even knew about my grandfather's secret. I guess I'll be paying him a visit soon.

-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-
So sorry for the long wait. It's summer and I'm lazy lol. I hope you enjoyed this chapter. Please comment and vote.

Love,
Mars :)