Chapter 23- A day to remember

Edited this chapter. Feel free to point out any mistakes.

Angelique's P.O.V.

I woke up when a hand touched my shoulder. I looked up and saw Mrs. Gilbert smiling down at me sadly. I sat up and looked at Scott who was still sleeping. I sighed at got up.

"Go home dear, change clothes and have breakfast. I'll wait here with him. If there's a change I'll let you know," she ordered.

"Okay," I agreed too tired to argue with her. I grabbed Lucas's stuff and left the hospital room. Bill, our driver came to pick me up and took me home. I showered, ate some breakfast and made some calls to family members letting them know about the current situation. I bathed and fed Lucas and then we went back to the hospital. On my way to the hospital I got Bill to stop and get food for Mrs. Gilbert. I was walking back to Scott's hospital room with Lucas in my arms and Mrs. Gilbert food when Christa appeared in front of me.

"You came, I thought you didn't care enough to see Kate," she said almost glad to see me.

"I'm sorry to burst your bubble but I'm not here for Kate," I remarked trying to step past her.

"Please, Angie she needs you. She's been asking for you since she came to the hospital," Christa argued. I sighed and looked down the hall where Scott's room is located.

"Fine I'll go see her," I replied giving in, too stressed to keep arguing. She looked happy again but I know she's a little sad.

"Kate is really sick and the doctors are concerned that when the baby comes she might not survive the birth," Christa explained as we walked towards Kate's room. She opened the door and slowly walked into the room.

"Kate, guess who's here to see you," Christa sang. I followed her and walked closer to the bed. I still had Lucas in my arms and Mrs. Gilbert's food.

"Angie, is that you?" Kate asked in a soft voice. She was breathing heavily and her face was pale.

"Yes, it's me," I choked out as I looked at her sick form.

"You came, I missed you so much," she breathed. I handed Lucas to Christa and sat down on the bed next to Kate grabbing her hand.

"I'm here now," I said caressing her cold hand.

"I want to ask you a favor," she said coughing slightly.

"Sure anything," I replied. She breathed in and then spoke softly.

"My baby will need a dependable mother if something happens to me. I want you to the godmother of my child," she stated releasing my hand.

"I accept," I whispered. I don't exactly know what is causing my sister's illness but I hope she gets better. Me agreeing to be the godmother doesn't mean I forgive her. I'm still pissed at them but I can't have the baby be raised by my mother. I'd never be able to forgive myself if the same thing happened to the baby that happened to me. I'll do anything if it meant saving another from going through horrible things.

"Thank you," she replied. I could see she needed some rest so I decided to leave her room. I grabbed Lucas and we made our way back to Scott's room. I didn't know Christa was behind me but when she saw Scott her loud gasp made her known.

"What are you doing? Shouldn't you be with Kate?" I asked kind of pissed that she followed me.

"What happened to him?" She asked staring a bit horrified at him.

"That is none of your business now go back to Kate," I ordered but she didn't move.

"I thought you forgave us, why are you being so difficult?" She asked my anger being reciprocated in her eyes.

"I will never forgive you. How could you think that? I only agreed to be the godmother of Kate's child because I don't want mother to raise it," I explained still angry at her naive way of thinking.

"My god Angelique, how many times are we going to have to apologize to you for that. There was nothing we could do to help you. Dad had threatened to disown all of us if we interfered," she exclaimed. This pissed me off even more.

"So you're saying that I wasn't worth giving up a title for. That's nice and you wonder why I hate you," I sneered.

"No, do you know how many times Henry worried about you? Do you know how many times he considered saving you? If it wasn't for mom he wouldn't have been the heir to the family company. She was the one stopped him and us from doing what was right," she said but that didn't make my anger fade, in fact it made it worse.

"I was only a kid!!! You should have tried harder!!! Do you have any idea how much pain that fucking pig put me through? I was contemplating whether or not I should kill myself!!! I hate you all for not doing anything, leave and never come back!!!" I yelled at her as tears streamed down my cheeks.

"No, I'm going to fix this. I'm sorry I'm not the sister you wanted me to be, I'm sorry couldn't save you from dad but whether you like it or not I am your sister and I know that with time you'll forgive us," she said then walked away.

"I hate you!" I screamed after her. I leaned against the wall and slid down to the floor sobbing. Lucas had started crying too. Mrs. Gilbert came and took him from me and calmed him down. She put him in the crib and then came to me.

"Are you alright dear?" She asked rubbing my back. I shook my head still crying.

"I'll go get you some coffee to make you feel better, stay here with Scott. I'll take Lucas with me," she said leaving the room. I stood up and walked to the bed and sat down in the chair. I took Scott's hand in mine and leaned forward putting my head on our joined hands.

"I need you, come back to me. I love you so much," I whispered.  I was probably like that for a while until Mrs. Gilbert came back with my coffee and Lucas.
I sat there staring at my sleeping husband as the events of today ran through my head. I was under a lot of stress, worrying about my husband and my family asking me to forgive them. This day was tiresome and the thing I needed the most was Scott's arms around me and him telling me that everything will be okay. This is a day to remember.

-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-
Hey guys, I hope this chapter was better than the last. I updated sooner than I thought which is a surprise to me.
So I hope you liked this chapter. If you're confused about anything don't hesitate to ask any questions. So please don't forget to comment and vote.

Love,
Mars :)