Chapter 27- My brother in law

Edited this chapter. Feel free to point out any mistakes.

Angelique's P.O.V.

I was out in the garden seated on a blanket on the grass. The sun was warm shining down on me and Lucas. He had hiked himself up and was standing there smiling at me. Then he took a few steps towards me.

"You did it little man," I smiled. I heard foot steps behind me and thought it was Scott but was mistaken when I looked up and my eyes connected to Jensen's dull blue ones.

"Good morning love, will you please inform my brother that I'm here to see him," he said. I looked at him dumbfounded for a second then got up and called Mrs. Gilbert.

"Scott's brother is here to see him," I said walking back to the house with Lucas in my arms.

"Yes dear," she replied turning on her heals and walking towards his office. I sat down in the living room with Lucas on my lap and Jensen next to me.

"Why are you so quiet?" He asked. I stared at him for a while before replying.

"I didn't realize we had so much to talk about," I replied turning to Lucas.

"Look Angie I'm not here to fight with you or kidnap you, I'm simply here to ask my brother a favor," he stated rubbing his face. Just then I realized how tired he looked. I felt sorry for him, not only did he look tired but stressed and worried as well. Whatever he's here to talk about can't be good.

"Okay," I said relaxing my shoulders a bit," would you like some coffee?" I asked getting up and handing Lucas over to him.

"If it's not too much trouble," he said smiling at me.

"Not at all, I'll be right back so look after your nephew for me," I said walking to the kitchen. I put two cups on a tray with a pitcher of milk and a pot of coffee with a bowl of sugar next to it. I grabbed two tea spoons and walked back towards the living room.

"Here you go, help yourself," I said putting the tray down gently on the coffee table. I took Lucas back from Jensen allowing him to get coffee.

"Thanks," he replied taking a sip from his cup.

"Mr. McNally, your bother will see you now," Mrs. Gilbert announced. I handed Lucas over to her and said a quick thanks. Then I accompanied Jensen to Scott's office. I knocked on the door and heard a faint "Come in".

" Brother," Jensen said walking in.

"What do you want?" Scott spoke harshly making me frown.

"I simply came here to ask you a favor regarding mother," Jensen answer.

"I don't have all day," Scott barked. I stepped forward and glared at Scott.

"Would you five him a fucking chance to explain!" I yelled outraged.

"No Angie it's fine, I can see he's not interested in the welfare of our mother," Jensen said grabbing my arm and pulling me back. Scott got angry at this and got up slamming his fists on his desk.

"Do not touch her and you," he pointed to me," don't you dare take his side." I got so mad that I slapped him. He was taken by surprise and I felt guilty almost as instantly as it happened.

"I'm so sorry," I choked out. I turned and ran out of his office. I felt guilty for what I have done. I cried in my room for hours until I fell asleep.

-☆-☆-☆-☆-
Scott's P.O.V.

"Shouldn't you be running after her?" Jensen asked looking at the empty spot where Angelique was just a minute ago.

"No, I want to give her time to calm down first," I said sitting down again.

"Oh well let's get back to business. Mom is sick, she's been asking if she could come visit you for quite some time now. The Doctor says she might not get better this time and that maybe it's a good idea for her to visit you for a day or so. Please, Scott she really misses you and her only grandchild," he explained. I sighed and decided to agree. I missed my mom too, she was the one who raised me after all.

"She can come whenever she'd like. I'll have a room prepared for her," I smiled at him. He let a relieved breath out and smiled at me too.

"Thank you, you have no idea how happy she's going to be," he stated. I then showed him out of the house and went to check on Angelique.

"Mrs. Gilbert, please prepare the guest room next to Lucas's room. His grandmother is coming for a visit soon," I instructed.

"Yes Sir, right away," she ran down the hall. I opened the door to Angelique's room and slipped inside. She was curled up on the bed fast asleep. I sat down on the bed next to her and pulled the small black box out of my pocket. I opened it and stared at the ring inside.
I've been meaning to ask her but lately nothing seems to go to plan. I sighed and closed it putting it back in my pocket. She stirred in her sleep and started crying. Her nightmares were coming back and I wish I could take them away. She whimpered and started sobbing.

"Baby girl, wake up. Open those pretty eyes," I shook her gently. She slowly open her eyes slowly. I wiped the tears away and kissed her forehead.

"I'm so sorry for hitting you I didn't mean to," she cried. I pulled her into my arms hugging her tightly.

"It's fine, it's not going to make me stop loving you," I replied still holding her.

"I love you," she whispered. I let go of her and planted a soft kiss on her lips.

"I have something to tell you," I stated. She turned and looked at me.

"What is it?" She asked curiously.

"My mom is going to come stay with us for a while. She's sick and would like to see her grandson. According to her doctor she might not get better again," I explained. She stayed quiet for a second then replied.

"When is she arriving?" She asked.

"I don't know they'll call when she is ready," I replied. We sat like this for a while before Mrs. Gilbert called us to come eat dinner. I smiled as I thought of a way to propose to Angelique. I want to do it soon. She deserves a proper wedding.

-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-
Hey guys so here's another chapter. Please don't forget to comment and vote.

Love,
Mars :)