Chapter 20- Scott's return to the office

Edited this chapter. Feel free to point out any mistakes.

Angelique's P.O.V.

It's been almost two weeks since the day Grandpa McNally was arrested and charged with the murder of seven people. The fact that he ordered the Brooklyn gang to attack our safe house and Scott having to shoot those seven people to keep us safe is why Grandpa McNally has gotten the death penalty. He'll be executed in two months.

Scott hasn't been himself since that day. I think it's mostly due to the fact that he loved his grandfather and now he feels betrayed. Hell even I feel betrayed and I haven't even spent that much time with this family.

We came home the day after the police arrested Grandpa McNally.
Things here have been quiet and I worry about Scott. He'll soon have to go back to the office and take his rightful place as the C.E.O. again. He's been swamped with so much paperwork that he hardly eats or sleep as he tries to catch up. I haven't spent much time with him so I usually go out and do grocery shopping and take walks to the park with Lucas when I have nothing better to do.

Mrs. Gilbert will be coming home tomorrow since she had to take care of the three ten year old kids until their parents could come get them. I really do miss Mrs. Gilbert's company and I'm glad she'll be home soon. Grandma McNally has decided to go live with her best friend from her past. It turns out his wife passed away a couple of years ago and he would greatly appreciate if she'd spend the rest of their remaining years together, not just as best friends, but as husband and wife.

I was making dinner when I felt a pair of strong arms wrap around my waist. Scott rested his head on my shoulder and took a deep breath.

"Mmm, smells good," he commented lifting his head off my shoulder again.

"Hey, are you finished with work?" I asked switching off the burner and moving the stew off the burner. I turned around and faced Scott.

"Yeah, just finished the last page when I smelt the food," he leaned down and kissed me gently. I smiled and pulled away.

"You kinda stink. Go take a shower and I'll set the table," I suggested.

"OK, see you in ten minutes," he kissed me again and left. I grabbed two bowls and spoons then walked to the dining room. I placed them directly opposite each other then went back to get our food. When I returned Scott was already seated. We ate dinner in silence.

"Tomorrow morning I go back to my office but I want you to come with me. I want the staff to meet you and Lucas," he stated clearing off the table. I filled the dish washer with our dishes and the switched it on.

"Sure, it sounds like a great idea to me," I smiled at him. He hugged me tightly then walked off to Lucas's room.

"I'll go tuck him in. Why don't you go get ready for bed. I'll be there soon," he called. I walked to our room and took a quick shower. I was already dressed and in bed by the time Scott came to bed.

-☆-☆-☆-☆-
The next morning I woke up early to make breakfast for Scott and to get Lucas ready. I was wearing a yellow sundress with white flats and my hair was twisted into an elegant braid. Scott was wearing his navy blue suit with a light blue dress shirt and a blue stripped tie. Once we finished breakfast we got in the awaiting car and drove off to the office.

"You look beautiful, baby girl," Scott commented which caused me to blush.

"Thank you," I replied smiling. We soon arrived at the tall building with McNally industries signed above the door in big silver letters.
I removed Lucas from his car seat and got out with Scott. The press was snapping pictures of us and some was even asking questions.