Chapter 14- Ben

Feel free to point out any mistakes. Edited this chapter as best I could.

Angelique's P.O.V.

The week with Scott has gone by way too fast. They left early yesterday morning and to be honest I felt heart broken when he didn't wake me up to say goodbye. Today was my group's turn to train so we were currently in the gym with Mia and Grandpa McNally.

"Angelique please focus," Mia said showing me how to kick the dummy in front of me.

"Sorry," I muttered repeating her move. My mind drifted back, unable to concentrate, to Scott and how he was so afraid of losing me if I got pregnant. I felt stinging pain coming from my left cheek and I realized I've been punched.

"I told you to focus, listen when-" Mia was cut of by Grandpa McNally.

"Mia, that's enough. Go help Lux with her punching," he instructed and she left.

"What's troubling you dear?" He asked frowning at me.

"It's nothing, I should get back to training," I lied repeating every move Mia has taught me so far.

"You're quite a fast learner. If you apply this technique to your actual fighting you'll actually be able to survive. Just adjust your your arm a bit when you deliver that punch and it'll be with more force," he said adjusting my arm to the right position.

"Thank you," I replied doing as he instructed. Sure enough the dummy went back further than before.

"Stay after the lesson ends, I'll teach you more techniques that you can perfect in the next training lesson tomorrow afternoon. Your group will be on dish duty after dinner right? I'll make sure you're excused," he replied before turning to go help the other girls. Our training had started with an intense work out at the beginning to help us get in shape. That's all we did for the first two hours of our training lesson and then we were shown the basics of fighting until moving into more serious techniques. I've learned a lot and I've started feeling my muscles becoming more firm as each day of training passes. I've been training a lot with Grandpa McNally after lessons improving and perfecting the different techniques he's shown me.

There was one week left before Scott would return to the mansion with the rest of the men. He called in yesterday to let Grandpa McNally know we'll be receiving another guest that will stay with us until the remainder of the current situation have been resolved. I kind of feel sorry for the wives of soldiers, having to wait in agony for their loved ones to return and hoping they come back alive. I felt like an army wife even though this isn't nearly as bad as their agony.

I had just finished my extra training lesson when I heard a familiar voice calling my name, Ben. I quickly got up and ran to where my best friend was. I practically jumped into his arms.

"Hey Angie I missed you too," he chuckled hugging me back.

"I'm so sorry I yelled at you," I cried hugging him even tighter.

"If anyone should be apologizing it should be me. I was out of line and I was only concerned about your safety. I'm sorry," he replied letting go of me. He gently wiped my tears away with his thumbs before giving me a once over.

" I forgive you," I smiled at him.

"Good lord Angie, what have they done to you? You look like you can beat me up," he stated still looking at my arms.

"Oh I've been learning how to protect myself. Anyways I have to go up and feed Lucas do you want to come with?" I asked.

"Sure how's the little man been doing?" He asked as we climbed the stairs.

"He's been doing well. Wait what have you been up to since our last meeting?" I asked as we walked down the hall to the kids room.

"Well I met a girl but she turned out to a complete and total nothing. Your brother also came to visit me. He said you eldest sister is expecting a baby but she's gotten sick. He says they don't think her baby will survive any longer if she doesn't get better soon. Oh and your mom was looking for you but you weren't there. She wanted to know if you and Scott were thinking of having kids," he stated making me halt in my foot steps.

"No we're not, we both want to wait until Lucas is four before we try for one," I explained turning into the room.

"Angie, have you and Scott even slept together? " he asked and I blushed.

"It's none of your business but to answer your question, yes we have," I replied still blushing. An emotion flashed through his eyes so quickly that I was unable to figure out.

"He's been treating you well I see," he replied bitterly. What's up with him? Is he jealous of Scott?

"Why do you sound so angry all of the sudden? He's my husband Ben and I love him as much as he loves me," I replied looking down at Lucas who was staring at me with eyes full of wonder. I picked him up and sat down next the his crib.

"He will never love you the way I do. I've known you my whole life, been there through your toughest times and he just waltzes in stealing your heart?" He asked irritation evident in his eyes.

"Where were you when my own father raped me? You were in fucking Europe enjoying your summer. I needed you but you weren't there!" I yelled tears streaming down my face. His eyes softened and guilt took over.

"Angie, I'm sorry. Please just listen to me," he pleaded.

"No, you listen to me, I know you love me I love you too but I love Scott. He's not a bad man. Sure he's had his violent side but he changed because he loves me. Ben you have to except the fact that I'm not going to be your true love. There's a girl out there somewhere who loves you and you have to find her, that girl is not me," I explained staring into his eyes.

"No Angie you're wrong. I love you and nothing you say will change that. Deep down inside you feel the same, I know you do. I'm going to keep fighting for you and I won't give up. One day you'll realize you need me and I'll be here when you do," tears were streaming down his face breaking my heart into a million pieces. I don't know what to do. I love both of them but which one do I love more? Scott, I love Scott more but I don't have it in me to let go of Ben. He's my best friend and has been since we're kids, I love him like a brother.

"Don't do this to yourself, I don't want to be the cause of your pain. I love Scott. I love you too but as my brother so please stop all of this," I begged. He had the look of determination in his eyes and I knew no matter what he won't change his mind.

"No you will come to me," he said before grabbing my face and smashing his lips to mine. I didn't respond, I was too shocked and I didn't know what to do. Scott will be so angry with Ben if he found out what happened.

-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-
So here's another chapter, things are starting to get more crazier than usual. Let's see what Angie will do in the chapter.

Love,
Mars :)