Chapter 10- One step forward 400 steps back

Edited this chapter. Feel free to point out any mistakes.

Angelique's P.O.V.

I woke up with a jolt my heart thumping painfully in my chest and sweat dripping down my face. Trying to shake of the last bit of nightmare left in my head. I say up looking around the room, there was nothing and no one but me. My guess is Scott has decided to sleep in a different room. Great just when I thought we were making progress. I wiped my forehead and got out of bed. I walked to the bathroom and washed my face. Then I left the room for a glass of water. It was somewhere around nine in the morning and I figured Steven and Lux already left. I walked pass the room where Scott was sound asleep. I closed the door to his room and went downstairs. I really miss Ben and I wish I had listened to him, he was right, Scott will never care about me.

I got my glass of water and decided to go outside and explore the beach. This place was really beautiful, it was so peaceful that I wondered how I would ever be able to leave this place. I took a deep breath and sat down on the dock. It felt good to be outside for once, I'm free from my cage but only for a little while. My peace was disturbed by my nightmare.

I was sitting in a dark room tied to a wooden chair. I could break free no matter how hard I tried. The door open and my father came in with an evil smirk on his face. My heart started beating faster and my body was shaking with fear. I knew what he was going to do but I didn't expect him to turn it into torture.

"My darling Angelique, your little friend Ben won't be able to save you this time. You're all mine until summer ends," he stated laughing loudly that it echoed.

"No please, I beg you don't do this. I promise to obey your every command," I pleaded with tears in my eyes. I was already so scared of him that just thinking of him made me cry and tremble with fear.

"You're so naive you stupid little girl. Don't you get it, I'm not punishing you I'm simply doing this for the pleasure I get out of it. I must confess, when you were born I was both furious and glad. You made me angry because I was expecting another son not a daughter, but the advantage of your gender was that I could do with you what I please. You should be honored because I could have killed you," he stated walking around me.

"You're a monster," I spat at him. This seemed to make him mad because I felt my cheek sting painfully where his hand just delivered a slap.

"I would keep your mouth shut if I were you," he snapped at me. He took off his belt and used it to beat me for almost an hour. I screamed with every hit, I felt like I was in my own personal hell. When he had enough of hitting me he untied me and let my bloody and bruised body drop to the floor. I was to weak to get up or even keep fighting. He rolled me over onto my back before pulling down my pants.

"No please stop, please stop," I begged with tears streaming down my face. I couldn't push him off of me and I kept screaming hoping someone would hear me. That night my own father took something from me that I could never give to the love of my life.

I felt my tears roll down my cheeks as I remember the memory that turned into my nightmare that will always haunt me. I had to lie to Scott about losing my virginity because no one knows about what my father did to me. Having Scott give me the cold shoulder is really not that bad but when he gets violent I start to remember all the horrible things my own father did to me. I really wish Ben was here because Scott sure won't comfort me.

I pulled my knees to my chest and just started sobbing uncontrollably. The walls of my world was starting to cave in and everything was falling apart. To make things worse I fell for a man that can't decide if he wants me or not and I've pushed away the only person that matters to me because I thought that he would change.
One step forward and 400 steps back. I wiped my tears away and got up. I knew Scott would be up soon and I didn't want him to get mad at me for leaving without asking. I decided to make him breakfast to keep my mind occupied.

"Good morning," his deep voice rang through the air as he sat down. I turned to him with a fake smile on my face.

"Good morning," I replied setting the plate full of food in front of him,"Did you sleep well?" I asked turning back to grab his coffee.

"Yes quite well, where did you disappear to this morning?" He asked. I froze but relaxed again as I turned and set his coffee down next to his plate.

"I came downstairs for some water and decided to go check out the dock and now I'm here," I replied. It was the truth I just left out the part about my nightmare.

"See anything interesting while you were out there?" He asked taking a bite out of his toast.

" Yes it's so beautiful here, I don't know how I'll ever be able to leave this place," I smiled at him making him chukkle.

" Yes my grandfather wanted us to come back every summer so this is it," he said looking down at his plate.

"He did one hell of a job," I commented washing the dishes.

"I have to go into town for some supplies, I want you to stay here. I'll be back before lunch," he stated getting up.

"But I want to go with you," I protested.

"No stay here," he said firmly.

"But I want to see the town," I replied.

" I said stay here, you will do as you are told!!!" He yelled at me. I took a step back and lowered my head.

"Yes Sir," was all I said before turning back to the dishes. I heard the door slam indicating he left. I finished washing the dishes and cleaning the rest of the kitchen. I got dressed and left the cabin with a bottle of water running down what looked like a hiking path. I can't stand this anymore. One minute he's caring and the next he's cruel. I just can't, I give up. I ran deeper into the woods not even caring where I'm going I just needed to get out of there.

-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-
So here's another one, please comment and vote.

Love,
Mars :)