~Forgetting and Remembering~

Krystal's P.O.V.

I laughed seeing Ace running around the park, the same park where Kenzo broke me. Today is another great day, I decided to clear my head and to think positive today. Oh wait! I almost forgot, I still haven't called his mom. I fished my phone from my pouch and dialed her number, I was surprised when she suddenly answered during the first half of the ring.

"Hello? Kris?" She answered on the other line, I think she's having a hard time today. She was having a hard time chossing between Aiden and Kris.

"Unnie, its me Krystal" I said

"oh sorry I thought it was-"

"Unnie are you really alright? Are you in your right mind or sick probably?" I raked my fingers on my hair and stared at Ace, he was now playing on the slide.

"I don't know Krystal, I really don't know" Her voice suddenly lowered then everything went silent, no one dared to speak.

"Why did you call?" She asked after a few minutes regaining his breath.

"I'll just be informing you that I will be taking Ace for some alone time. I just wanted to ease my mind for a bit." I explained, I want to change the way I see the world. I want to change.

"Okay, just take care of Ace for me" I smiled and quickly dropped the call

"Ace, what would you- Ace?" I looked around when I noticed that Ace was nowhere on my sight.

"Ace?" I called again, but then I suddenly heard a very out honk from a car behind me. I turned around and saw Ace, in the middle of the road and a car was about to crash onto him. My mind then felt alert, so I ran towards him and wrapped my arms on his frame, I braced myself for the impact of the car since I know that the car will still hit us even if I'll push Ace away.

I saw a bright light. A very bright light. Then it all flashed.

The bright day and light suddenly turned into a dark and lonely night. It was freezing cold, so I wore my coat and snuggled myself in it. I was in a park, not the usual park I've seen in Korea, but it was a park were I know I've been there multiple times. It's a park... in the States.

"Krystal" I stood up hastily and wrapped my arms on a tall yet slim figure, he was wearing a black trench coat and we were alone in the park.

"Enzo" I uttered, still hugging him searching for warmth in the cold night.

"Why do you want to meet up suddenly, it's already past midnight" I pulled away from the hug sensing that he wasn't returning the hug, I looked up in the sky and noticed that there were no stars nor the moon wasn't visible. I then sat on he swing and started humming a song, trying to make the atmosphere comfortable as possible. He sat on the swing beside me and just stared at a particular space.

"Hey babe, what's wrong?" I stopped humming and placed my hand on top of his hand, he didn't looked at me but he just shooked his head. Something's really wrong here.

"I'm sorry, I had to wake you up just because of this. I can't sleep Krys, I can't tell you this tomorrow, I can't wait. I'm sorry Krys." He spoke softly but at his tone, I know there's something he's hidding from me.

"Hey, just tell me what's wrong Kenzo. I'll help you, we'll fix everything" My eyes soften and stared at him lovingly, he kept on avoiding my gaze.

"Just tell me" I begged, but then the sky started pouring droplets of water, I remained on the swing while he started panicking.

"It's raining Krys, we need to go on-" He held my hand at stood up, he was pulling me to stand up but I insisted. I only sat on the swing but this time, I stared right back at him in spite of the heavy rain soaking the both of us.

"Just tell me please" I stood up and faced him, his face was still blur, he lets go of my hand and turned his back towards me.

"I'm breaking up with you" I shooked my head and closed my eyes in frustration, I bit my lip and raked my fingers on my damp hair. I knew it, it's supposed to happen but I can't seem to cope up with it.

"Is it because of my dad? My sister? Jessica unnie?" I asked, he moved his head a bit over his shoulders and just shooked his head.

"Kenzo, tell me the truth. I need to know why" I pulled his hand and turned him to face me again, he kept on lowering his head. Then I finaly saw his face, it's Kenzo.

"They're both right Krystal, I'm only gonna hurt you. I'm just like them, I'm a coward, I'm stupid and I'm hurting you now"

"What happened to 'we'll fight for us'? What happened to your promise?" I asked shakingly, my voice starts trembling not from the coldness of the breeze and the rain but because of the pain I'm feeling right now.

"They were all lies, Krys. Promises are meant to be broken. You should've believed your father and your sister, then you should've not felt betrayed now" He pushed my hand against his hand

"Let go of me Krys, I know you're smart you should know what's right and wrong" he added walking with small steps, I know he's against this and I know that dad isn't the one behind all of this. It's Kenzo's decision to do this, but I'm not blaming him, everything was just messed up.

"So letting you go is the right thing? Tell me Kenzo. Is letting go the solution to this break up?" He halted on his tracks and looked over his shoulder.

"Just let me go" He then started to cross the street, I wasn't paying attention because of the pain I'm feeling. But then a very loud honk stealed my attention, Kenzo wasn't paying attention and the car was about to hit him.

"Kenzo!" I ran towards him and pushed him out of the road, his body crashed on the cemented floor but then I saw the white light again. It was very bright and blinding then it turned pitch black again, I can feel my body lying on a soft bed but I can't open my eyes.

"Krys, I'm sorry. I really am. I love you, don't ever forget that." I heard a masculine voice talking, a warm hand was holding my cold ones and he kept on making small circles around it.

"Kenzo, it's time to go. Dad's on his way" A feminine voice was now heard, it felt familiar. Like it's my sister's voice but I don't know the masculine's voice.

"Remeber this? This is our promise necklace, the pendant is for you while the key is with me. You'll find me again Krys, if not, I'm going to find you" Then I felt something, a pendant I think, placed inside my fist.

"Kenzo, you need to go" I heard unnie's voice again, she seems rushed and panicked.

"I love you Krys, I'm sorry for everything" He held my hand and placed a kiss on my forhead. I'm dumb, I should've remembered him. It's Kenzo, he's the one I love.