Celebration Time

Years have passed since I have heard anything from my grand father. It worried me sick that I had to call him, but every God damned time, it goes to voice mail. As times go by, my hope of him still breathing is gone and I cannot help but cry over him dying without saying good bye to me, or even telling me anything. My guess is that he went to one last adventure and it ended up him being killed. He knew that old age would come after him, but this didn't stop him for one last adrenaline rush before he dies. But would it hurt to tell me about it first?

Now, he's here, on the phone... Talking to me... Breathing... Joking... The same old man that took care of me for fifteen years. I am taken aback by the sound of his gruff voice that he keeps saying "Hello?"

"Hello? Megan, you there?" He snaps me out of my thoughts.

"Oh, yeah, sorry... Um, yeah, I'm here." I rub my hand against my sweaty neck. My heart beats fast as he keeps talking.

"So, you up for it?" He asks. I pause, thinking for a moment. He wants me to go with him for a vacation. Somewhere in Norway. Well, I have been working hard on my job; a vacation doesn't sound too bad.

"Yeah, I'm up for it." I reply, standing up and getting ready to pack.

"Great, meet you here in Norway." With that, the call ends and I am left alone by the silence of my loneliness. It was only a few days ago that I broke up with my boyfriend, who was a decent man, might I add. But his loyalty was disgusting. I came home from a long day at work to see a bunch of clothes on the floor and caught him sleeping on my couch with a random woman who he swears he never met before. He said that he was drunk and doesn't remember doing anything the night before, but that doesn't mean that he's not cheating. He was still sleeping with another woman and even something like that will loose all my respect.

I sigh at the thought of him. I do miss him. I miss talking to him; cuddling with him; sleeping with him. We were bound to get married due to our happiness, but what did I do to make him feel like drinking so much and sleep with another girl? Did I become too boring? Did his interest for me loosen?

Nonetheless, this vacation will keep my mind off him. Hopefully.

- - - - -

As I arrive at the airport, I look around for the sign of my grandfather. These foreign words are no stranger to me, since I've been out on adventures before and seeing different languages as I go. 

Still with with my luggage, I walk around the airport looking for that old bastard.  But looking around, I don't seem to see him. However, there is a gentleman who is always looking at me as if I looked like someone familiar. He looks tall with sleeked back hair and quite old too. Maybe twenty years older than me?

Curious of this, I walk up to him and greet him. 

He looks at me and doesn't respond. 

"I'm sorry, I just keep seeing you look at me and so I thought you wanted something." I tell him. 

He smiles. "Uh, no, I was just, uh, looking for someone. But, I mean, if you're the girl I'm looking for, then I'll be damned." 

I laugh at his remark. 

"She's the granddaughter of a friend of mine." He says.