Walk With Me

Sorry that it's been a while! I was dealing through some personal biz.

So here's a little shortie as my little apology!

Part 3 of You?! Will be coming!

- - - - -

Birds sing around me as I sit outside of the three-star hotel, drinking a cup of coffee with a Filipino delicacy for breakfast. I've never been in a place so hot where wearing a tank-top feels too much that I want to take it off. Ignoring my agony of the heat, I quite enjoy how the sun shines bright above me with the sky clear blue.

My ears twitch from the sound of footsteps and I look to my right to see that Sam has finally woken up.

"Good morning." I greet him with a smile and he rubs his eyes as he sits across me.

"Mornin'." He replies. A waiter walks over to us and Sam orders the same thing as me. Sam looks at me and notices that I'm fanning myself even with an electric fan already blowing at us. "I see the heat isn't your best friend." He chuckles lightly at me and I reach over to smack his arm, but he catches my hand and kisses it. "I'm only kidding."

I roll my eyes at him with a slight grin on my face. I don't know how I've tolerated him for three years. Slouching back, I look at the view of the green mountains spread across us, each one fading to blue as they are farther away.

"Hey," Sam catches my attention and I look at him, "walk with me." He takes my hand and leads me out of the hotel, where there's a clear path in the forest-y jungle nearby. As we enter, the air suddenly feels humid. Probably from the rain when we arrived last night. I look at the birds who are standing on tree branches, fluttering away as they sing a tune around us.

Sam's hand rests on my hip as we walk alongside each other and watching every kind of bird fly and walk nearby.

Just listening to our footsteps and the sing-song of birds, it has sent me to my own thoughts. He spent countless of nights working hard just for this trip to happen and here I am not saying anything.

"Thank you." I tell him and he looks back with an eyebrow raised.

"For what?"

"For this little get-away." I motion to the nature around us.

He smiles gently. "You were mad at me, I had to do something."

"Okay, that's not fair! I only said that you were selfish because you went out of country with your brother and not me!" We both share a laugh, and continue following the path.

A comfortable silence is met between us and I rest my head on his shoulder with my hand behind his back.

"Hey, can I say something?" Sam stops in his tracks and I look at him with my eyebrows raised.

"Yeah, sure... What's wrong?" My heart starts to pound like what he's going to say may be bad, but he kneels on one knee and takes my hand.

"I know you don't like things cheesy or cliche, but I've tried my best only to come up with nothing." He takes a deep breath as I try to control the overwhelming emotions. "Will you make a poor man happy to call a woman like you his wife?"

I stare blankly at him and I can tell with his trembling hand that he thinks something's going to go wrong. "Is that your question?" I ask him and he laughs nervously.

"Hon, I'm asking you to marry me."

A smile spreads across my face as I nod my head for a 'yes'. Sam stands from the ground and envelops me in a hug, twirling me around. "I thought you'd say 'no' and make this whole trip burn to the ground."

I giggle at his statement. "Like I said, I don't like cheesy or cliche."

He puts me down and looks at me with his soft-looking eyes. "I fucking love you."

"And I the same."

Guests starts coming and claps as they saw the proposal. We look at each other with a grin on our face, finishing it off with a kiss.