Delilah

(A/N I'm thinking of updating the imagines on Sundays. What do you guys think of Sam Sundays? Also, we reached 1K reads! Do you guys want me to do something? I don't know, let me know! And I know, the title sucks but it's all that I could think of.

If you haven't noticed, I usually update at 8 am for you guys (for me it's 8 pm since I'm in the Philippines) but since I will be in Norway on Sunday, I'll be updating at 11 am for you guys while for me there will be 5 pm. I think.)

After graduating from college, I can finally say that I'm free. Two years of living freely, it's actually been quite boring. As I look back to the times when I was fifteen and treasure hunting with Nate and my grandfather, maybe I should go back to that life again. 

As I head out to go to the library, my cat runs past through me and onto the street. 

"Delilah!" I call out her name. I see a motorcycle almost run into her, but thankfully the man stopped. I run towards my cat who is looking at the man in curiosity. "Delilah, why on Earth did you run out?" I ask my cat, picking her up and petting her. I can hear the soft purr vibrating through her body. "Don't do it again, okay?" 

"She can't understand you, you know." The man teases me as he parks his bike on the side. 

Does he think I'm stupid to not know that? Hell, he nearly ran over my cat and he's talking to me like that? I turn around to ignore him. "At least let me make it up to you." He yells and I turn around to see a smile on his face. 

"With what?" I ask him, placing a hand on my hip. I analyze him and he seems to be twenty years older than me, pretty fit for a man of his age. Although, the wrinkles on his face speaks otherwise. My gaze looks onto his arms and I'm already attracted to a man twenty years older than me. The V-neck that he's wearing shows off his chest and I can't help but look at it. 

He clears his throat and I look into his eyes. "How about dinner?" He asks.

I laugh at his question. "Dinner? Already? We don't even know each other's names yet." 

"I'm Sam, nice to meet you." He lends out a hand and I shake it. 

"Megan." We stare into each others eyes for a moment and that's when I feel my cat's paws touch my cheeks. I look at her and smile. "I'm sorry, Delilah wants to get back in." I turn around and walk into my house, putting Delilah in, petting her before I leave again. I lock the door and when I turn around, I still see Sam waiting on his bike. 

"Still here..." I tell him as I start to walk past him. 

"I can give you a lift." He says, motioning on the backseat of his bike. 

"I don't like bikes, sorry." I scrunch my nose and give him an apologetic smile. 

"Just hold tight, c'mon." He takes out another helmet from the seat and I consider this. Oh boy, this will be a ride. I put on the helmet and ride on the seat behind him, refusing to let my arms touch his body. He laughs and forces my hand to wrap around his waist, feeling the muscular body of a forty year old. 

"Where to, miss?" He asks, starting the bike. 

"The library." I tell him and with that, he starts driving. I squint my eyes as the rays of the sun bounces off of the metal roof of the cars makes my eyes ache. Every time he turns, my grip around his waist tightens as I'm afraid that I'm going to fall. Once we reach our destination, I jump off of the bike, relieved that the ride is over. 

"How's the first experience?" He asks, smirking at my reaction. 

I give him a smile. "It's was... Fine..." I take deep breaths as I head into the library. When I try to open the door, Sam opens it for me, smiling as I enter. I smell the scent of the books that's giving off in the place. I look at Sam who is amazed to see this many books in one room.