You?! Part 4

Go read killerzz_g stories, they've got potential, guys! He writes horror, supernatural, paranormal, science fiction and all that cool jazz.

Here's one of them: Death is at the front door of a students' boarding school. One-by-one they are found dead in their rooms, blood spread all over the floor with no idea who did it. Until the last man stands. -Killer Student

- - - - -

The sound of gunshots fade as we finish fighting off another herd of Shoreliners.

My body feels stiff than it was ten years ago, when I was younger and more flexible; but dumber and more naive. I roll my aching shoulders as we enter the jeep and continue driving towards the volcano.

"Need a massage?" Sam asks from his seat behind me, placing his hands on my shoulders and lightly massaging them.

I rest my head back as I start to feel relaxed, slumping my shoulders down, but it's taken me a second to realize what he's trying to do. "Hey—no—wait—! Sit back down, mister!" I scold at Sam who raises his hands in a surrender, laughing with Nate and Sully while sitting down in his seat. I blush lightly and look at the safari as we drive.

"I was only being nice." He chuckles and I roll my eyes.

Yeah, right.

For the rest of the ride, the boys stayed quiet except for the occasional remarks on the wildlife from Sam while I rest my sore neck. Sam is clearly seen in my rear-view mirror and I take a quick glance, seeing the wind blows against his hair; the sun shining down on his face like the heavens knew the perfection they've created.

"Are you gonna explain about Rafe?" Nate takes my out of my thoughts and I turn to see him side-glancing from the steering wheel.

Shit. What do I say?

"Is he abusive? I mean, the way he talked to you—"

I cut Sam short, not wanting to visit the memories again. "He's changed. We're fine."

He shifts in his seat, moving closer to me. "You sure? I mean, you deserve better than—"

"Sam!" I cut him again, "we're fine..."

He mumbles under his breath as I look away, resting my elbow on the door with a hand on my forehead.

Are we really fine?

I remember the living room would be filled with yells and accusations. "Are you cheating on me?" Rafe yelled at me when I came home late once.

His accusation had caused me to stop in my tracks for a bit, staring at him. "What? No! I had to work late today!" I told him, placing my bag down on the couch. He grabbed my arm and forced me to look at him, his eyebrows knit and his jaw clenched.

"Don't lie to me!"

By this point, I was getting tired by those accusations so I pulled my arm back and slapped him. "If you don't trust me, Rafe, I don't think we should be together!"

A few weeks before this, I talked to my mother about the relationship Rafe and I were having and I took into consideration of what my mom said: if our relationship is based on negativity, it's not a relationship worth staying. So, I decided to leave for the better... For my mental state and my health.

The jeep stops to a halt and I look ahead to see a worn-down building towering over us.

We all jump out of the jeep and walk up the stairs, looking around the place for an entrance. Nate throws a dynamite on a wooden door and it explodes, giving us an entrance. We walk in, seeing stairs that lead us under and go through countless doors until a stone cross appears ahead of us.