Chapter 3

Steve woke up to the sound of sizzling bacon, Willow was making breakfast. Everything in Willow's yurt was built very low to the ground so she could reach it without having to try and climb out of her wheelchair. Her wheelchair was old fashioned, she had to spin the wheels with her hands, so she wore a pair of finger-less gloves to keep from getting a rubber burn on the palm of her hand. 

 She turned around, "I'm making breakfast. Bacon and eggs, unless you're vegan, in which case there are plenty of leaves in the woods you can go chew on."

 "Bacon and eggs sounds great. Thank you."

  Willow turned back around, "So, you want to tell me why you didn't take your crazy friend to the Avengers?"

"His name is Bucky. He's the Winter Soldier. But he was being controlled, he doesn't remember who he is."

"Enough said, I've read the file. I know what they did to him."

"How? That file was restricted. It was a hydra file"

"How do you think I got shrapnel glued to my spine?"

"You were going after him?"

"Yep. But I don't blame him for the accident I feel sorry for him."

 Steve was incredibly relieved and he rushed his words out before he could change his mind, "Can I leave him here? He needs somewhere safe to hide and heal."

  Willow seemed to think for a moment, "Of course Steve. I'll do my best to help him."

  "I don't know how to thank you Willow."

"Don't thank me until he's Bucky again. By the way, we've got maybe 10 minutes until he wakes up. I pumped him full of sedative and painkillers at about 3 am, which is when he woke up and tried to strangle me. Which was fun."

 "Sorry about that." Steve really was sorry, sorry that he had to put Willow in this position, that he was asking her to hide a fugitive.

  A groan of pain announced the Bucky had just woken up.