Chapter 9

Willow had forced Bucky to take a few tylenol and then had somehow managed to drag him up onto the bed. Bucky was shivering, though he was burning with fever. Willow was sitting next to him, and was wringing out a cold cloth which she'd been using to mop his brow, trying to cool him off. Bucky's skin was glistening with sweat, and his eyes were shadowed. Could a fever kill a super soldier? Willow honestly didn't know, she needed to call Steve. But her phone was in the other room, and she didn't want to leave Bucky for a second, just in case he woke up. 

 For once she wished she'd taken Tony Stark's advice and gotten a service dog to grab things for her. Willow ran her fingers through her silver hair, pushing it out of her face. She pressed the back of her hand to Bucky's forehead, checking to see if he had cooled down, he hadn't. Willow knew that using the back of her hand wasn't a great way to check temperature, but she didn't have a thermometer. 

  The ex-shield agent had no idea why she cared so much about whether or not Bucky recovered. In truth, she felt sorry for him, he hadn't asked for what happened to him. According to Steve, he'd been a good man, and Steve's best friend. But there was something else too, something about Bucky that Willow just couldn't put her finger on.

  Bucky groaned quietly, and started to cough. "Come one Man, don't die on me. Steve'll be ticked," Willow muttered, pressing a glass of water to his lips.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

   Willow had remained next to Bucky all night and into the next morning, trying to keep his fever down. When Willow finally fell asleep, Bucky's fever was almost completely gone.