Chapter 30

Willow felt like her mind was being run through a cheese grater, searing pain lancing through her. She managed to mutter through gritted teeth, "Hold Bucky down, this is going to hurt."

 Out of the corner of her eyes, She saw Falcon and Steve wrestling Bucky onto a table and strapping him down. Willow could feel Wanda pushing her wheelchair forward, but she was too focused on maintaining control of Bucky's mind to protest and say she could do it herself. Bucky was screaming and struggling, lashing out as Falcon and Steve held him down. Willow reached out and let her hand rest on Bucky's forward.

 Then she began stripping away layers of HYDRA programming, she could hear Bucky screaming out in agony. She was going to rip his mind apart if she kept going at this rate, and she knew it, but she had to destroy the HYDRA programming before it took over Bucky's mind.

 She was restoring all his memories at once, destroying the layers of programming. And it was causing Bucky unimaginable pain, she could hear the sounds of his screams, he sounded like a wounded animal. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

  Bucky had never been in so much pain, it felt like his mind was being ripped into a thousand pieces and then set on fire. He was re-living all those years of training, programming, everything, all over again. Seeing it all, watching the things he'd done, Bucky thought he was being torn apart. But there, at the base of all the insanity, was Willow, her commanding presence in his mind, bringing, as always, an element of calm. 

 Then the pain became too much for Bucky, and he allowed the darkness to overtake his mind.